Product Illustrator (Contract)
Hey, this is Ben & I run design here at Titan 👋.
I want you to know I’ve written every word here personally not only because I think this a massive opportunity to build an industry-defining product, but because I want to work with people that value clarity, transparency, and ambition.
What do I mean? Well, the app you see today is just a glimpse of what I know we’ll create together. The bones are strong and the value is clear… but it’s a C+ when it comes to vision. What I’m building now is the foundation of our rockstar team to blast us out of this world.
You game? Read on.
TL;DR – Titan is democratizing the investment management space.
Consumers with a bit of cash today can either invest in archaic institutions that simply don’t care about them, going it alone on trading apps, or just leave it in a bank at near 0%. There has to be a better way. We’re building Titan to be a world-class wealth platform, already managing over $750M+ in assets for 50,000+ clients.
We recently raised a $58M Series B round led by venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz, bringing our total funding to $75M. Loved by our clients, Titan won the Best Investment Advisor award from U.S. News and the Best Advisor award at the Benzinga Global Fintech Awards. It has ranked #1 out of 60+ advisors 5x in a row, and was featured by Apple.
To us, our team is everything. Together, we can make magic happen. We exert a crazy amount of effort to interview Titans. If you're excited by our mission, we'd love to meet you.
About The Role
As a contract Product Illustrator at Titan you will report directly to me, the Head of Design. Your mission is to drive our product to new heights.
- You will help explore and define an industry leading illustrative world for Titan
- You will help build and maintain a stunning illustration system, bringing all our hard work to life in delightful ways
- You will deliver high-quality, production-ready icons and illustrations based on the schedule of the product team
Our in-house product design team is low ego and has a people-first approach to collaborating. We’re looking for designers who are just looking to build something truly amazing, but are open to building lasting relationships along the way!
In sum, if you want to create something incredible, come create with us.
- 5+ years of professional Illustration experience
- Experience with the creative process, and ease with defining your working style
- Experience creating digital product illustrations based on the needs of the business/client, including receiving and acting on stakeholder feedback and resolving conflict
- Experience shipping assets to an engineering team, including responding to format and sizing requirements
- Experience using and executing against an illustration system
- Experience effectively managing time between stakeholders and yourself
- A clear portfolio expressing exceptional visual execution
- A fluency in Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, and typical prototyping and animation tools
Nice to Haves
- Worked at a similar company stage before
- High levels of motivation, self-starting, and healthy ownerh
- Excellent communication skills
- Nuanced storytelling skills
- A passion for the craft of design, the latest best practices, and visual trends
- A comfort with working abstractly and across multiple projects at once
- A low ego mindset
- A personal focus on detail
- An avid user of Titan!
Something looks off?