We are looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to oversee the general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions.
Senior Accountant responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, preparing financial statements, maintaining general ledger, preparing month-end close procedures, and implementing software to automate the accounting process. A successful Senior Accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts.
This role is a hybrid position and requires you to be in office Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday.
- Conduct monthly and quarterly balance sheet account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance.
- Maintain subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies.
- Summarize financial activities by analyzing transactions and preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Book the payroll, bank, stock compensation and ASC 842 lease journal entries and complete the related reconciliations.
- Prepare intercompany transfer pricing billings, journal entries and complete the related
- Prepare internal cost allocation.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly entity and consolidated financial statements.
- Assist with any accounting system implementations/ accounting transformation projects to automate the accounting process.
- Conduct monthly and quarterly balance sheet and P&L flux analysis.
- Work closely with the FP&A team on analyzing expenses and assist with their questions.
- Prepare account analysis to support the annual audit.
- Liaise with the Accounting Manager to improve financial procedures.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance. CPA preferred
- 4+ years’ experience in financial services, Fintech, and/or SAAS industries are strongly preferred
- Experience working with international operations, multiple legal entities, and intercompany transactions
- Hands on experience with general ledger and month-end/year-end close process
- Experience with financial reporting requirements
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to effectively communicate financial concepts
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups, pivot tables, if functions, etc.
- Financial software: NetSuite preferred
Interested in learning more about us?
Tipalti is the only company handling both global partner payments and accounts payable workflows for high-velocity companies across the entire financial operations cycle: onboarding and managing global suppliers, instituting procurement controls, streamlining invoice processing and approvals, executing payments around the world, and reconciling payables data across a multi-subsidiary finance organization. Tipalti enables companies to scale quickly by making payables strategic with operational, compliance, and financial controls. Through Tipalti, our clients can efficiently and securely pay thousands of partners and suppliers in 196 countries within minutes.
Tipalti is fueled by a commitment to our customers and a desire to build lasting connections. Our client portfolio includes high-velocity businesses such as Amazon Twitch, GoDaddy, Roku, WordPress.com, and ZipRecruiter. We work hard for our 98% customer retention rate which is built on trust, reliability and innovation. Tipalti means we handled it" - a mission to which we are constantly committed.