Director, Commercial Sales
We have a lot to be proud of at Tipalti. We are a company that has redefined the way businesses manage their financial operations. In a world where financial complexity is increasing at an unprecedented rate, Tipalti offers a beacon of simplicity and efficiency. As a leader in the FinTech industry we are not just a company; we are a catalyst for change in the financial landscape, and a place where individuals can truly thrive in their careers.
At Tipalti our teams are given the freedom to dream, experiment and create solutions that make a real impact on the financial world. We bring together talented, dedicated, and knowledgeable colleagues from diverse backgrounds to deliver top-notch client service in a highly collaborative work environment. Tipalti’s culture fosters teamwork, open communication, and the exchange of diverse perspectives. We value everyone’s unique talents and encourage a spirit of inclusivity and provide our employees with continuous learning opportunities, mentorship programs and a clear path for career advancement. Being a part of Tipalti means you aren’t just working for a company; you are a part of a community of innovators, dreamers, and change-makers. The future of finance is bright, and the opportunities are limitless. Together, we can redefine the financial world.
Sales Director is a senior leadership position and a second line sales leader. In this position you will be working and managing Sales Managers (who each will be managing 7 account executives). This is a very critical position as your impact has a large multiplier effect. Your primary focus is coaching and developing your first line sales managers so they can effectively manage their sales teams.
As a Director, Commercial Sales your key accountabilities will involve:
- Lead team of Sr. Managers/Managers that delivers results in bookings, sales development, and forecast accuracy while simultaneously mentoring and developing your team
- Deep dive into weekly territory pipeline and forecasting activities to coach direct reports on strategies to drive closure and motivate team
- Consistently achieve team quota to ensure territory revenue and growth objectives are met
- Holds team and self accountable to achieve challenging goals while maintaining a forward-thinking approach when faced with setbacks
- Ability to communicate with leaders at all levels, including C-suite and establishes open and trusting relationships
- Actively engage in territory planning and development, relationship development and opportunity to drive revenue by supporting and assisting your team in closing opportunities
- Provide regular reporting and analysis on sales metrics, including pipeline management, conversion rates, and forecasting
- Development of a winning team, including recruiting, hiring and training while upholding our core values
- Identify areas for improvement and implement process improvements to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the sales team.
- Ability to successfully manage complexes. multi stakeholder sales cycles
- Participate in the development of the strategy to accelerate functional sales division and growing existing customers, while identifying areas of expansion in the market
As a Director, Commercial Sales your experience and qualifications will include:
- 10+ years of technology sales experience with a minimum of 5 years of management level software sales experience, including at least 2 years of 2nd level management experience
- Proven ability to attract, motivate and retain top talent
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills, with the ability to build collaborative partnerships with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to identify, evaluate and recommend process improvements and technology solutions
- Solid understanding of general business operations, continuous improvement concepts, product lifecycle, customer/user experience, SaaS
- Consistent track record of running a metric driven business with proven results in pipeline growth, accuracy, predictability and consistency in achieving goals
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com and sales productivity tools
- Experience selling high velocity Mid-Market solutions to C-Level and Executive stakeholders.
- Experience in AP technology, Fintech or automation technology preferred but not required.
- 30% travel may be required
- This is also a hybrid work environment (3 days in the office and 2 days from home).
What we have to offer:
- Competitive salary plus company shares.
- Matching RRSP.
- Extended benefits, Employee Assistance Program, life insurance, AD&D, LTD.
- 3 weeks of paid vacation.
- Foodee lunch program for days you are in the office.
- We get together often for company-wide social events.
- Conveniently located close to transit.
- Parking expenses covered, 1 time per week.
- Cell phone stipend.
- Internet stipend.
Please include a resume in your application. Thank you for your interest in this position. We are an inclusive, equal opportunity employer. For more information about this and other roles Tipalti has to offer check out our careers page: https://tipalti.com/careers/#jobs
*Please note this is a hybrid work environment and you will be required to be in the office Monday, Tuesday & Thursdays*
Companies like Twitch, Twitter, GoDaddy, and Roblox entrust Tipalti to scale their business rapidly and dramatically reduce finance friction. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, we're a well-funded startup with a multi-billion dollar valuation.
But beyond the technology and impressive growth, Tipalti is fueled by a commitment to our customers. We work hard for our 98% customer retention rate built on trust and reliability. Tipalti means "We handled it," a mission our customers know we deliver consistently.
Around personal growth and wellness, Tipalti oﬀers competitive benefits, a flexible workplace, career coaching, and an environment where you can thrive and be an impact player! Our culture ensures everyone checks their egos at the door and stands ready to reach success together. We also dedicate ourselves to diversity and equal opportunity for all.