Senior People Operations Manager
About the job
People Operations Managers will be accountable for ensuring the smooth running of some of our core processes and procedures which are at the heart of the experience of our people and the success of our business. Crafting and continually improving the employee journey focusing on all people related processes, technology and reporting. Providing the foundation of a great employee experience from people planning, hiring and onboarding, through to learning, performance, reward and engagement.
What you’ll do
- End to end HR operational responsibility for all People related processes, including all employee documentation, maintenance of employee files, systems updates, onboarding, local and international movements, offboarding, life cycle events, supporting payroll, benefits administration, providing references, processing invoices, and providing support to any other divisions within the HR organization.
- Play a significant role in supporting the Head of People Operations, driving the strategy of the above areas.
- Act as an escalation point and as a mentor/coach for the People Operations Analysts to support their continuous development.
- Provide guidance, assistance, and data-driven insights from relevant surveys and people metrics, to proactively identify trends and key areas of focus, so the business can achieve its goals
- Establish good practice methodologies for all types of case work across the People Operations team - and provide coaching and support to People Operations Analyst managing cases - to ensure that cases are consistently and appropriately managed.
- Create opportunities to improve communication and guidance to employees and line managers - ensuring up to date, clear and consistent information on People policies and processes .
- Lead on the more complex casework, working with line managers to conduct investigations and lead (and coach) them through processes that carry more risk or may lead to tribunal (e.g., disciplinaries, complex grievances)
- Work with the Head of People Operations to oversee the whole casework portfolio, and identify risks, themes, and interventions required.
- Liaise with HRBPs and Centres of Expertise (CoE) to identify opportunities to improve and enhance policies and processes to improve the employee experience and reduce risk to Tipalti
- Initiate and lead the governance and delivery of local and global People projects and initiatives in conjunction with HRBPs, CoE leads and Business leaders
- Deputize for the Head of People Operations to ensure appropriate levels of support and management are always available to the People Operations team.
- Hybrid position Monday, Tuesday, Thursday in our Toronto office
What you’ll need
- What you’ve learned:
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources, or equivalent experience
- Your background includes:
- 5+ years experience in TA Operations or People Operations,
- Experience in dealing with complex and challenging HR casework, managing the associated risks and making recommendations to managers and HR management on options for resolution.
- Experience working in a global HR model
- Demonstrable leadership skills, with a strong customer focus and experience of delivering effective customer-centric solutions for a large complex organization.
- Experience in a a faced paced, high growth, tech environment
- Your skills include:
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation and skills - and experience of effecting change across a complex group of stakeholders.
- Ability to build and maintain strong, trusted internal and relationships, including the ability to influence direction and outcomes
- Detail oriented, with the ability to manage, lead, and deliver on multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment, often with the need to pivot on short notice and meet short turnaround times. requirements
- Proven ability to focus and deliver on the immediate- and near-term needs, while simultaneously anticipating and leading toward future state needs.
- High level of resilience, resourcefulness, with an infectious enthusiasm and the ability to motivate self and others
- Experience of leading and managing projects, and of supporting coaching others who are supporting projects.
Companies like Twitch, Twitter, GoDaddy, and Roblox entrust Tipalti to scale their business rapidly and dramatically reduce finance friction. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, we're a well-funded startup with a multi-billion dollar valuation.
But beyond the technology and impressive growth, Tipalti is fueled by a commitment to our customers. We work hard for our 98% customer retention rate built on trust and reliability. Tipalti means "We handled it," a mission our customers know we deliver consistently.
Around personal growth and wellness, Tipalti oﬀers competitive benefits, a flexible workplace, career coaching, and an environment where you can thrive and be an impact player! Our culture ensures everyone checks their egos at the door and stands ready to reach success together. We also dedicate ourselves to diversity and equal opportunity for all.