Customer Support Engineer
About the job
The Customer Support Engineer works directly with customers in identifying and resolving basic customer issues and needs.
What you’ll do
- Respond to customer inquiries and issues through Zendesk
- Investigate, troubleshoot and diagnose technical issues with the product
- Contribute to Support team projects and initiative
What you’ll need
- What you’ve learned:
- Undergraduate degree in a technical or business-related field, or equivalent experience
- Your background includes:
- 2+ years of providing hands-on customer-facing technical support
- Experience in a SaaS and/or Fintech environment preferred
- Your skills include:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Depending on the geographic location and business needs, may also require proficiency in the official language of the country or province
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple priorities with detail and accuracy
- Strong problem-identification and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with ticketing systems (e.g., Zendesk) and/or CRM systems (e.g., Salesforce)
- Experience with payment systems preferred
- Experience with reading and understanding HTML and other code is helpful
Unique aspects of this role
- Travel: No overnight travel anticipated.
- Normal workweek within geographic location. Shifts from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm (PST)
- May require flexibility to coordinate schedules across time zones with internal teams and external customers and contacts.
- Physical aspects:
- Position is a hybrid in-office/remote role with Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays required in-office days. For Wednesdays and Fridays, being in-office is optional.
- Prolonged sitting and/or standing at workstation.
- Prolonged computer and/or telephone usage.
- Ability to hear, understand and distinguish speech and other sounds.
- Visual acuity at close ranges.
Companies like Twitch, Twitter, GoDaddy, and Roblox entrust Tipalti to scale their business rapidly and dramatically reduce finance friction. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, we're a well-funded startup with a multi-billion dollar valuation.
But beyond the technology and impressive growth, Tipalti is fueled by a commitment to our customers. We work hard for our 98% customer retention rate built on trust and reliability. Tipalti means "We handled it," a mission our customers know we deliver consistently.
Around personal growth and wellness, Tipalti oﬀers competitive benefits, a flexible workplace, career coaching, and an environment where you can thrive and be an impact player! Our culture ensures everyone checks their egos at the door and stands ready to reach success together. We also dedicate ourselves to diversity and equal opportunity for all.