Accounts Payable Manager
About the job
The Accounts Payable Manager leads the AP team and activities, including administering the AP systems, and account balance reconciliations, general ledger maintenance, month-end close procedures, and providing direction, guidance and coaching to the team.
What you’ll do
- Provide leadership to the global accounts payable team, including providing direction, establishing processes and timelines, measuring outcomes, providing performance coaching, and providing development opportunities
- Oversee the processing, verification, approval, discrepancy resolution and coding of all payments and expenditures, including vendor invoices, purchase orders, corporate and virtual credit cards, employee expense reports, and similar transactions
- Conduct monthly, quarterly and annual reconciliations, including balance sheet, general ledger, P&L flux analysis, and other reconciliations and analyses
- Administer the AP & PO systems, including leading upgrades, enhancements and implementations
- Leads Tipalti’s annual 1099 filing
- Partner with finance and accounting leadership and teams on compliance, process improvements, documentation, internal and external audits, expenditure analysis, reporting, and related oversight actions
What you’ll need
- What you’ve learned:
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance, or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Your background includes:
- 5+ years hands on experience with general ledger, AP, and PO functions and the month-end/year-end close process.
- 2+ years of direct leadership experience, including providing direction, establishing processes and measuring outcomes, and managing individual performance and development
- Experience with international business operations with multiple legal entities and inter-company transactions required
- Experience in a SaaS and/or Fintech environment preferred
- Experience leading a global team preferred
- Your skills include:
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Advanced understanding of accounting-related software platforms and integrations, such as NetSuite, Expensify, Egencia or similar platforms; understanding of the Tipalti platform and functionality highly preferred
- Advanced Excel skills, including formulas, Vlookups, pivot tables, macros and analysis tools
Unique aspects of this role
- Little or no overnight travel anticipated (anticipated to be 5% or less).
- Normal workweek business hours within geographic location and time zone.
- Will require flexibility to coordinate schedules across time zones with internal teams and external customers and contacts.
- Physical aspects:
- Position is located onsite/in-office three days per week.
- Prolonged sitting and/or standing at workstation.
- Prolonged computer and/or telephone usage.
- Ability to hear, understand and distinguish speech and other sounds.
- Visual acuity at close ranges.
Companies like Twitch, Twitter, GoDaddy, and Roblox entrust Tipalti to scale their business rapidly and dramatically reduce finance friction. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, we're a well-funded startup with a multi-billion dollar valuation.
But beyond the technology and impressive growth, Tipalti is fueled by a commitment to our customers. We work hard for our 98% customer retention rate built on trust and reliability. Tipalti means "We handled it," a mission our customers know we deliver consistently.
Around personal growth and wellness, Tipalti oﬀers competitive benefits, a flexible workplace, career coaching, and an environment where you can thrive and be an impact player! Our culture ensures everyone checks their egos at the door and stands ready to reach success together. We also dedicate ourselves to diversity and equal opportunity for all.
Job Candidate Privacy Notice | Tipalti
Something looks off?