VP Accounting & Controller, TIFIN
WHO WE ARE:
TIFIN is a fintech platform backed by industry leaders including JP Morgan, Morningstar, Broadridge, Hamilton Lane, Franklin Templeton, Motive Partners and a who’s who of the financial service industry. We are creating engaging wealth experiences to better financial lives through AI and investment intelligence powered personalization. We are working to change the world of wealth in ways that personalization has changed the world of movies, music and more but with the added responsibility of delivering better wealth outcomes.
We use design and behavioral thinking to enable engaging experiences through software and application programming interfaces (APIs). We use investment science and intelligence to build algorithmic engines inside the software and APIs to enable better investor outcomes.
In a world where every individual is unique, we match them to financial advice and investments with a recognition of their distinct needs and goals across our investment marketplace and our advice and planning divisions.
OUR VALUES: Go with your GUT
- Grow at the Edge. We are driven by personal growth. We get out of our comfort zone and keep egos aside to find our genius zones. With self-awareness and integrity we strive to be the best we can possibly be. No excuses.
- Understanding through Listening and Speaking the Truth. We value transparency. We communicate with radical candor, authenticity and precision to create a shared understanding. We challenge, but once a decision is made, commit fully.
- I Win for Teamwin. We believe in staying within our genius zones to succeed and we take full ownership of our work. We inspire each other with our energy and attitude. We fly in formation to win together.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
At TIFIN, the Finance & Accounting team is a shared resource for our four independent operating divisions: Magnifi, TIFIN Wealth, TIFIN AMP, and TIFIN.AI. We are seeking a VP of Accounting & Controller to join this team at our Boulder, Colorado headquarters, reporting to our VP Finance and leading an accounting team of four. This person will own the accounting function, responsible for leading annual audits and tax filing as well as improving accounting processing as we reach the next stage of our growth. We are seeking an individual with strong leadership skills who will thrive in a get-it-done environment and have the ability to adapt to new demands with a strong sense of urgency.
- Responsible for all aspects of accounting, from recording transactions through management reporting and ad-hoc analysis
- Overseeing General Ledger functions; assure accuracy, timeliness, and conformity with professional accounting standards and best practices in accordance with GAAP
- Provide leadership and direction to the accounting team, including hiring, training, performance evaluation, and other supervisory responsibilities
- Reviewing all documentation and contracts in order to develop and improve internal controls
- Acting as a liaison to external auditing firms, while owning primary responsibility for the Company’s views on technical accounting matters
- Ensure company investments and transactions receive proper accounting treatment and reporting
- Working with senior management to ensure internal compliance.
- Build and scale offshore capabilities for transaction processing and other accounting and finance functions
- Develop and implement effective tax compliance strategies to minimize tax liabilities and ensure compliance with all relevant tax laws and regulations.
- Own establishing SOX controls and documentation
- Manage monthly close activities for various divisions
- Provide timely financial reporting and budget analysis to TIFIN and its four operating divisions
- Identify and own enhancements to accounting software workflows; Utilize and accurately maintain accounting software as a single source of truth
- 10+ years total CPA experience, with at least 4+ years of public accounting audit experience
- 5+ years of experience with managing accounting and financial operations, ideally in a startup environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and CPA
- Willing to jump cross-functionally across the finance and accounting departments and pivot from details to bigger picture to accomplish company priorities
- Experience and strong understanding with GAAP Standards and regulatory requirements
- Experience with NetSuite
- High-Level Proficiency in Excel
- SaaS experience strongly preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to manage both up and down
- Impeccable analytical and organizational skills
- Willingness and ability to work at both transactional and strategic levels
- Self-starter excited about FinTech and eager to join a new team and contribute from day one
- A local presence in the Boulder/Denver area
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS PACKAGE:
For Colorado Applicants: The expected starting salary range for this position in Colorado is between $175,000 - $200,000. Applicable salary ranges may differ across markets. Actual pay will be determined based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. The position is also eligible for incentive compensation as well as client acquisition bonus program.
TIFIN offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Performance linked variable compensation, including equity
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Flexible PTO policy and Company-paid holidays
- Parental Leave: 12 week paid maternity, 4 week paid paternity leave
- Corporate Social Responsibility and volunteering opportunities
- Access to our Chief Mindfulness Officer, including 1:1 personal coaching for executives and rising stars
- Company sponsored events like Qi Gong, Lunch & Learns, Development Workshops, Dinners, Happy Hours, and more!
- The ability to make a real impact in an incredibly fast-growing organization
A note on location. While we have team centers in New York City, San Francisco, Charlotte, and Mumbai, TIFIN is headquartered in Boulder, CO and our preference is to build the team here whenever possible, so relocation packages are available for any candidate willing to relocate to the Boulder area.
TIFIN is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.