Conversational AI Team Lead, TIFIN.AI
WHO WE ARE:
TIFIN is a fintech platform backed by industry leaders including JP Morgan, Morningstar, Broadridge, Hamilton Lane, Franklin Templeton, Motive Partners and a who’s who of the financial service industry. We are creating engaging wealth experiences to better financial lives through AI and investment intelligence powered personalization. We are working to change the world of wealth in ways that personalization has changed the world of movies, music and more but with the added responsibility of delivering better wealth outcomes.
We use design and behavioral thinking to enable engaging experiences through software and application programming interfaces (APIs). We use investment science and intelligence to build algorithmic engines inside the software and APIs to enable better investor outcomes.
In a world where every individual is unique, we match them to financial advice and investments with a recognition of their distinct needs and goals across our investment marketplace and our advice and planning divisions.
OUR VALUES: Go with your GUT
- Grow at the Edge. We are driven by personal growth. We get out of our comfort zone and keep egos aside to find our genius zones. With self-awareness and integrity we strive to be the best we can possibly be. No excuses.
- Understanding through Listening and Speaking the Truth. We value transparency. We communicate with radical candor, authenticity and precision to create a shared understanding. We challenge, but once a decision is made, commit fully.
- I Win for Teamwin. We believe in staying within our genius zones to succeed and we take full ownership of our work. We inspire each other with our energy and attitude. We fly in formation to win together.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
A division of TIFIN, TIFIN.AI is dedicated to conceiving and developing TIFIN’s second cohort of AI-powered fintech companies and ushering in a new phase of fintech innovation in wealth management. Use cases for these AI capabilities, primarily conversational AI assistants, include client portfolio insights for advisors, alternative investing, wealth management in the workplace, among others.
Leveraging our experience with the previous cohort, TIFIN.AI has refined a template for repeatable innovation that bolsters efficiency and leads to shorter time to market for new innovations. That template includes building MVPs in 3 months with production-ready products in 6-12 months with real-time feedback from an ecosystem of industry professionals.
For each project within TIFIN.AI, we are seeking a Conversational AI Team Lead to provide technical leadership to an early-stage team. The AI-based products center primarily around conversational AI assistants and personalization with applications across different themes and user groups. We are looking for a hands-on technical leader who can own the conversational AI function end-to-end, including training and productionalizing models, as well as team management and building. The ideal candidate is passionate about conversational AI and NLP and its application in the investment space.
You must be a motivated and tenacious self-starter who is comfortable interpreting technology requirements, based on business requirements, and implementing them with maximum impact on the users. You will be expected to develop technology that minimizes technical debt while maximizing the customer experience. This is a high-impact role on a lean team that is results-and execution-oriented. We are a team of do-ers!
- Provide technical leadership on all conversational AI aspects of project, collaborating closely with product leadership
- Oversee multiple NLP Data Scientists and engineers
- Use NLP (natural language process) to analyze large conversational data sets made up of chats
- Build and enhance NLU (natural language understanding) and NLG (natural language generation) components for conversational AI product
- Build tools and scripts to automate data aggregation and curation
- Continue to tune the models to improve accuracy and effectiveness
WHO YOU ARE:
- PhD./Masters degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, engineering, or relevant field
- 7+ years of practical experience in the development of chatbots or other conversational AI applications
- Experienced in the field of NLP/NLU/NLG and well versed with the current and latest state-of-the-art research
- Hands-on experience in fine tuning and deploying generative LLM (large language models)
- Experience using machine learning/ deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow and/ or PyTorch
- Proficient at Python and SQL
- Ability to visualize data in the most effective way possible for a given project or study
- Ability to thrive in a highly demanding, entrepreneurial, and fast-paced environment
- Highly flexible, good tolerance for ambiguity, and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities
- A top performer with a proactive approach who has a “doer” & problem-solver mentality
- An exceptional team player with strong communication skills
- A local presence in Denver or Boulder is preferred
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS PACKAGE:
For Colorado Applicants: The expected starting salary range for this position in Colorado is between $190,000 - $250,000. Applicable salary ranges may differ across markets. Actual pay will be determined based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. The position is also eligible for incentive compensation as well as client acquisition bonus program.
TIFIN offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Performance linked variable compensation, including equity
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Flexible PTO policy and Company-paid holidays
- Parental Leave: 12 week paid maternity, 4 week paid paternity leave
- Corporate Social Responsibility and volunteering opportunities
- Access to our Chief Mindfulness Officer, including 1:1 personal coaching for executives and rising stars
- Company sponsored events like Qi Gong, Lunch & Learns, Development Workshops, Dinners, Happy Hours, and more!
- The ability to make a real impact in an incredibly fast-growing organization
A note on location. While we have team centers in New York City, San Francisco, Charlotte, and Mumbai, TIFIN is headquartered in Boulder, CO and our preference is to build the team here whenever possible, so relocation packages are available for any candidate willing to relocate to the Boulder area.
TIFIN is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.