Data Scientist, TIFIN Wealth
WHO WE ARE:
TIFIN is a fintech platform backed by industry leaders including JP Morgan, Morningstar, Broadridge, Hamilton Lane, Franklin Templeton, Motive Partners and a who’s who of the financial service industry. We are creating engaging wealth experiences to better financial lives through AI and investment intelligence powered personalization. We are working to change the world of wealth in ways that personalization has changed the world of movies, music and more but with the added responsibility of delivering better wealth outcomes.
We use design and behavioral thinking to enable engaging experiences through software and application programming interfaces (APIs). We use investment science and intelligence to build algorithmic engines inside the software and APIs to enable better investor outcomes.
In a world where every individual is unique, we match them to financial advice and investments with a recognition of their distinct needs and goals across our investment marketplace and our advice and planning divisions.
OUR VALUES: Go with your GUT with GRIT
- Grow at the Edge. We are driven by personal growth. We get out of our comfort zone and keep egos aside to find our genius zones. With self-awareness and integrity we strive to be the best we can possibly be. No excuses.
- Understanding through Listening and Speaking the Truth. We value transparency. We communicate with radical candor, authenticity and precision to create a shared understanding. We challenge, but once a decision is made, commit fully.
- I Win for Teamwin. We believe in staying within our genius zones to succeed and we take full ownership of our work. We inspire each other with our energy and attitude. We fly in formation to win together.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
A TIFIN Division, TIFIN Wealth is a collection of personalization capabilities powered by AI and investment intelligence that allow advisors, wealth managers, and other intermediaries to deliver better individual outcomes. TIFIN Wealth is an AI-powered financial services platform focused on driving outcomes through personality & risk assessments, micro-plans, natural language investment selection, portfolio optimization, and more.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join this team and focus on improving algorithm quality for our Wealth Intelligence packages. The ideal candidate has strong modeling and analytics skills as well as a degree in statistics, applied mathematics, computer science, or some other related field.
You must be a motivated and tenacious self-starter who is comfortable interpreting technology requirements, based on business requirements, and implementing them with maximum impact to the users. You will be expected to develop technology that minimizes technical debt while maximizing the customer experience. This is a high impact role on a lean team that is results-and execution-oriented. We are a team of do-ers!
- Design and implement solutions associated with a wide variety of unstructured text data, used for data/text mining, analysis to enable informed business decisions
- Gains insight into key business problems and deliverables by applying statistical analysis techniques to examine unstructured and structured data from multiple data sources
- Responsible for modeling complex business problems and discovering insights through the use of statistical, algorithmic, and visualization techniques
- Responsible for following consistent practices to ensure data integrity and deal with imperfections in data
- Responsible for creating meaningful data visualizations to communicate results and highlight business impact; utilize various techniques and delivery methods of visualization that are audience-appropriate
- Uses current and emerging technologies to evaluate trends and develop actionable insights and recommendations to management, via an increasing understanding of the business model and the information available for analysis
- Finds patterns in the data and finding correlation in related or unrelated variables
WHO YOU ARE:
- 2+ years of data science experience, ideally in the Wealth Management industry or a startup environment
- Experience with machine learning, statistical modeling, predictive modeling, text mining, and topic modeling
- Strong familiarity with unstructured data
- Advanced analytic programming skills, data mining and building models in Python
- Knowledge of ML Python packages and tools, particularly those developed for NLP techniques
- Experience with Big Data Tools, such as SQL and Spark
- Ability to work comprehensively with a variety of databases (Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB, etc.)
- Experience with modern data technologies (ie Redshift, Snowflake, Athena, Postgres)
- Proficient in managing product development deadlines, overcoming roadblocks, and managing expectations
- Must be able to drive appropriate documentation including requirements and technical documentation
- Bachelor’s in computer science or related field, ideally with a Masters of PhD degree
- Ability to thrive in a highly demanding, entrepreneurial, and fast-paced environment
- Highly flexible, good tolerance for ambiguity, and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities
- A top performer with a proactive approach who has a “doer” & problem-solver mentality
- An exceptional team player with strong communication skills
- A local presence in Denver or Boulder is preferred
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS PACKAGE:
For Colorado Applicants: The expected starting salary range for this position in Colorado is between $120,000 - $160,000. Applicable salary ranges may differ across markets. Actual pay will be determined based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. The position is also eligible for incentive compensation as well as client acquisition bonus programs.
TIFIN offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Performance linked variable compensation, including equity
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Flexible PTO policy and Company-paid holidays
- Parental Leave: 12 week paid maternity, 4 week paid paternity leave
- Corporate Social Responsibility and volunteering opportunities
- Access to our Chief Mindfulness Officer, including 1:1 personal coaching for executives and rising stars
- Company sponsored events like Qi Gong, Lunch & Learns, Development Workshops, Dinners, Happy Hours, and more!
- The ability to make a real impact in an incredibly fast-growing organization
A note on location. While we have team centers in New York City, San Francisco, Charlotte, and Mumbai, TIFIN is headquartered in Boulder, CO and our preference is to build the team here whenever possible, so relocation packages are available for any candidate willing to relocate to the Boulder area.
TIFIN is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Something looks off?