WHO WE ARE:
TIFIN is a fintech platform backed by industry leaders including JP Morgan, Morningstar, Broadridge, Hamilton Lane, Franklin Templeton, Motive Partners and a who’s who of the financial service industry. We are creating engaging wealth experiences to better financial lives through AI and investment intelligence powered personalization. We are working to change the world of wealth in ways that personalization has changed the world of movies, music and more but with the added responsibility of delivering better wealth outcomes.
We use design and behavioral thinking to enable engaging experiences through software and application programming interfaces (APIs). We use investment science and intelligence to build algorithmic engines inside the software and APIs to enable better investor outcomes.
In a world where every individual is unique, we match them to financial advice and investments with a recognition of their distinct needs and goals across our investment marketplace and our advice and planning divisions.
OUR VALUES: Go with your GUT with GRIT
- Grow at the Edge. We are driven by personal growth. We get out of our comfort zone and keep egos aside to find our genius zones. With self-awareness and integrity we strive to be the best we can possibly be. No excuses.
- Understanding through Listening and Speaking the Truth. We value transparency. We communicate with radical candor, authenticity and precision to create a shared understanding. We challenge, but once a decision is made, commit fully.
- I Win for Teamwin. We believe in staying within our genius zones to succeed and we take full ownership of our work. We inspire each other with our energy and attitude. We fly in formation to win together.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
Magnifi by TIFIN is changing the way consumers shop for investments by bringing trusted data, insights, and a world of investment opportunities right to their fingertips. Magnifi’s free search tool and AI-powered personal investing assistant enable individual investors with varying degrees of investment experience and know-how with investment intelligence that, up to now, has only been offered to professional financial advisors. Magnifi also provides, free, no commission and no-order flow trading of stocks, ETFs and mutual funds for investors seeking to easily put their insights to work. In a world where every individual is unique, TIFIN enables Magnifi customers to gain critical investment intelligence and recommendations that match their distinct investment needs, risk levels, goals, personal interests.
Magnifi is seeking a world-class Chief Technology Officer who can provide executive leadership for the company’s technology organization. The CTO will play a critical role in the growth of Magnifi and will be an integral member of the Executive team, reporting directly to the General Manager - Product. This leader must have the market savvy and technical acumen to effectively partner both internally and externally, helping Magnifi scale the investment marketplace.
- Reports to Magnifi General Manager, Product
- Lead the Engineering team to prioritize the sequencing of projects in the development queue to increase efficiency in the development process
- Champion Magnifi’s technology vision within Engineering and across the ELT to energize the company around a shared and cohesive goal
- Collaborate with the executive leadership team and the Board to set overall strategic direction and lead the company through increasing scale-up and ongoing operations
- Provide remote leadership of Magnifi’s offshore engineering team in India with the assistance of India Site Leads
- Partner with the GMs to interface with customers, prospects and partners to ensure that external inputs are heard and captured in the product development process
- Transparently, proactively, and clearly communicate with internal and external parties, ensuring that development priorities and options are understood. Use a team approach to solve problems with peers and leverage networks to gain market insight and access
- 10+ years of experience in engineering roles, including 5+ years in a technology management role
- Proven leadership abilities; experience leading world-class engineering organizations for innovative, reputable, high-growth fintech companies
- Experience building API as a Service or integration-heavy products
- A clear communicator. Able to distill complex technologies and concepts into powerful messages that truly resonate with partners and other key stakeholders
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial nature; a proven ability to operate in a fast-paced growth environment with rapidly evolving priorities
- Possess a passion for pioneering new technologies and markets through leading-edge solutions
- Successful track record and experience in tech companies that have ramped; able to point to product successes in the market exemplified by new, commercial product development and launch
- Solid fundamental management skills. Sets clear expectations and goals that fosters a team mindset
- Demonstrated ability to provide a high level technology perspective; capable of looking at a multitude of technical projects and articulating a cohesive execution path around technology initiatives
- Hard working, resilient, sense of urgency, tenacious, and uncompromising in the drive for success
- Analytical, data- and metrics-driven, focused on quantifiable goals and outcomes; a problem-solver
- Must be in or willing to relocate to Denver/Boulder or NYC
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS PACKAGE:
For Colorado Applicants: The expected starting salary range for this position in Colorado is between $190,000 - $210,000. Applicable salary ranges may differ across markets. Actual pay will be determined based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. The position is also eligible for incentive compensation as well as client acquisition bonus programs.
TIFIN offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Performance linked variable compensation, including equity
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Flexible PTO policy and Company-paid holidays
- Parental Leave: 12 week paid maternity, 4 week paid paternity leave
- Corporate Social Responsibility and volunteering opportunities
- Access to our Chief Mindfulness Officer, including 1:1 personal coaching for executives and rising stars
- Company sponsored events like Qi Gong, Lunch & Learns, Development Workshops, Dinners, Happy Hours, and more!
- The ability to make a real impact in an incredibly fast-growing organization
A note on location. While we have team centers in New York City, San Francisco, Charlotte, and Mumbai, TIFIN is headquartered in Boulder, CO and our preference is to build the team here whenever possible, so relocation packages are available for any candidate willing to relocate to the Boulder area.
TIFIN is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Something looks off?