Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
Posted on Thursday, October 6, 2022
TheGuarantors is a cutting edge fintech company whose mission is to improve renting affordability and accessibility for millions of renters nationwide. Its flagship financial and insurance products allow renters to qualify for the home of their dreams while keeping more cash in their pocket at move-in. Fresh off a $50M Series C funding round, TheGuarantors has more than doubled its revenue annually since inception and continues to rapidly expand its footprint, team, and product. The company ranks as one of Inc. 5000’s fastest-growing companies, Forbes’ best startup employers, one of The Financial Times’ fastest growing companies in America, Built In’s 2023 Best Places to Work, and Business Insider’s 21 proptech startups to bet your career on in 2023.
As a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer, you will be a key member of a full stack, cross-functional engineering team. You will partner with Engineering leaders, Design, Product, QA, and business teams to build and deliver high-quality, scalable, and flexible software solutions. You'll have the ability to mentor more junior to mid level engineers.
We aim to foster an Engineering culture that emphasizes full-stack development teams empowered to make as many decisions as possible in their technical direction and processes.
What You'll Do
- Be a hands-on part of a multidisciplinary team to build next-generation software products and solutions
- Be accountable for delivering and supporting applications in a production environment
- Participate in a fully agile development process
- Build back-end microservices with well-defined APIs
- Work with persistent data stores, caches, messages buses, and other server-side technology
- Mentor other engineers, champion team needs, and get involved with strategic decisions
What You Bring
- You are excited by start-up culture and have the ability to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment
- You enjoy and actively participate in product development end-to-end: user research, discovery, coding, testing, deployment, monitoring, support and user feedback
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high-quality code
- 5+ years of relevant production work experience in back-end web development. Preferably using Node.js/Typescript
- 1+ years of relevant production work experience in front-end web development, preferably using React, Vue.js, or Angular frameworks
- You have experience with REST API'S, GraphQL and keeping GraphQL performant
- You have strong knowledge of SQL and experience working with a variety of types of databases and ORM'S
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering, MIS or proof of exceptional skills in related fields, with practical software engineering experience
- Experience with AWS (Azure, GCP) services and tools in production
The base salary range is approximately between $120-$155k/year.
*The final offer is based on the experience and career level at which the candidate is hired for and thus may vary slightly from what is listed above.
What We Offer
Opportunities to make an impact within a fast growing company
Medical, dental, & vision insurance, beginning day one
Health savings account with employer contribution
Generous PTO and paid holidays
Flexible working hours
Paid parental leave
Company sponsored short and long term disability
Flexible spending accounts (healthcare, dependent care, commuter)
Stay in Touch
Does this role not quite match your skills, but you’re still interested in what we're doing? Stay In Touch and be one of the first to hear about future opportunities!
TheGuarantors is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive environment for all.
Base salary does not include other forms of compensation or benefits. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise, location and current market data and may vary from the range above.
See more open positions at TheGuarantors
Something looks off?