Account Manager (Remote, or Austin, Texas)
The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin four years running, is revolutionizing how connected consumers research and shop for insurance. We intentionally strive to build diverse teams that feel inclusive for all. Our motto is "All Stripes Welcome," and we put that into practice by valuing both traditional and non-conventional backgrounds and perspectives. Our Zeebs are passionate about learning, growing, & working together to tackle exciting problems.
As the Account Manager, you’ll be the face of The Zebra for our partners. You will own each relationship from inception and will be responsible for managing customer expectations, nurturing the relationship and growing the account. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are able to think quickly on your feet to come up with strategic solutions for each partners’ needs.
Reporting directly to the Account Management Lead, you will work cross-functionally with our Business Development, Sales Agency, and Analytics teams.
While we are open to remote work across the contingent US, we are still in the process of establishing our company to support work in all states! We’ve shifted to a hybrid model and love the flexibility it allows our employees. We are set up to support employees who want to be fully remote, in-office only or a mix of the two. We will NOT be supporting work based out of the following states: CA, NJ, NY, & MA.
What You'll Do:
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting relationships with our enterprise carrier partners across the multiple products we offer on our platform
- Establish expectations around performance, budget, and growth with clients, and ensure timely and successful delivery of our solutions.
- Identify areas of opportunity to expand existing lines of business with an eye toward the company’s overall monetization goals.
- Forecast and track key account metrics in collaboration with the Analytics team
- Utilize data tools, including Excel and Looker, in order to identify performance gaps
- Deepen and expand relational ties, fostering a collaborative environment between technical, business and executive leadership teams.
- Propose opportunities to each partner to grow the existing relationship and cross sell additional products to add to their portfolio with The Zebra
- Coordinate across the org, ensuring the client’s needs are addressed through collaboration with Product, Marketing and Engineering teams
- Respond quickly to urgent issues as they arise, and manage communication for internal and external partners throughout the incident resolution process
- Clearly communicate the monthly and quarterly progress of your client portfolio to the executive team
What We're Looking For:
As we evaluate candidates across all roles, we look for folks who have a strong sense of ownership, great communication and collaboration skills, and a dedication to continuous improvement.
- 3+ years of professional strategic account management experience
- Experience in the P&C Insurance industry - sales, underwriting, marketing, claims, etc.
- Comfort with BI and Data Visualization tools such as Looker
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate, present, and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and pay close attention to detail.
- Keeps a positive attitude and ensures each customer of The Zebra feels valued and appreciated
Experience that will Impress the Heck Out of Us:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Experience in putting together regular account reviews and business proposals
Benefits & Perks:
Inclusive and healthy environments are crafted intentionally. All of our employees can join and participate in (or create your own!) Employee Resource Groups. Here are some other wonderful perks of working here:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- 401k with match
- Unlimited PTO (paid time off)+ flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Join a team that truly lives their values (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the nation’s leading, independent insurance comparison site. With our dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, consumers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has sought to bring transparency and simplicity to insurance shopping since 2012 -- it's “insurance in black and white.”
We've garnered attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists. Check out all of our awards & recognition!
Our core mantra is "All Stripes Welcome." As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform core job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation!