Senior Product Designer (Contract)
The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin four years running, is revolutionizing how connected consumers research and shop for insurance. We intentionally strive to build diverse teams that feel inclusive for all. Our motto is "All Stripes Welcome," and we put that into practice by valuing both traditional and non-conventional backgrounds and perspectives. Our Zeebs are passionate about learning, growing, & working together to tackle exciting problems.
We’re looking for a contract Senior Product Designer that leverages user insights to develop creative strategies and deliver accessible solutions within the appropriate scope. Product Designers work cross-functionally within an agile framework along with product management, research, content design, and engineering to ensure their team crafts a well-rounded experience for our consumers.
This role reports directly to the VP of Research and Design.
The hourly rate for this position is between $60.14/hr- $70.16/hr, based on experience, and will work full-time (40 hours per week).
While we are open to remote work across the contingent US, we are still in the process of establishing our company to support work in all states! We’ve recently made the shift from an in-office organization to a hybrid model and love the flexibility it allows our employees. We are set up to support employees who want to be fully remote, in-office only, and a mix of the two. Please note - we will not be supporting work based out of the following states: CA, MA, NY, NJ.
What You'll Do:
- Participate in the entire design process of our digital products & services, from initial research, ideation, conceptualization, and design to testing and validation.
- Balance big-picture thinking with an agile, iterative approach to continuously deliver improvements for our users.
- Be accountable for high-quality design practices. Your work should apply quantitative/qualitative findings, follow existing UX/UI systems, and use well-researched web usability best practices to build new patterns when needed.
- Foster a transparent and collaborative working environment, communicating critical information clearly and optimally as part of a multi-disciplinary team with content designers, UX researchers, product managers, developers, data scientists, analysts, and other designers.
- Lead design meetings and facilitate knowledge sharing, collaboration, and decision-making.
What We're Looking For:
As we evaluate candidates across all roles, we look for folks who have a strong sense of ownership, great communication and collaboration skills, and a dedication to continuous improvement.
- 5+ years in Product and Marketing Design.
- Possess a people-focused design mentality, a strong sense of product and brand continuity, a keen awareness of current and emerging design trends, and a passion for accessibility best practices
- Expertise with core concepts related to product design, including A/B testing, wireframing, prototyping, developing user feedback loops, etc.
- Familiarity and experience with standard design, interaction prototyping, and user research tools, such as Figma, Adobe CS, Miro, or Usertesting.com is required
- Experience concepting and designing digital interactive for web, SEO and other digital marketing components
- Detail-oriented and self-sufficient, the ability to find creative solutions and build something from scratch
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high growth and at times ambiguous environment
Experience that will Impress the Heck Out of Us:
- Experience working in project management tools like Jira, Asana, etc.
- Ability to work in an Agile environment
- Experience in designing native applications.
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the nation’s leading, independent insurance comparison site. With our dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, consumers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has sought to bring transparency and simplicity to insurance shopping since 2012 -- it's “insurance in black and white.”
We've garnered attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists. Check out all of our awards & recognition!
Our core mantra is "All Stripes Welcome." As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform core job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation!
Something looks off?