Lead Software Engineer, Integrations
We are looking for a highly skilled Lead Software Engineer to join our Platform & Integrations Engineering team. As a Lead Software Engineer at Tapcheck, you will play a pivotal role in the development and maintenance of our Azure-based Platform & Data Processing applications. You will lead a team of (both Onsite and Offshore) developers, architects, and engineers, and collaborate across products and teams to drive architectural improvements, ensure code quality, and mentor junior engineers. You will be responsible for shaping the technical direction of our projects, ensuring their scalability and reliability and fostering a culture of innovation and excellence within your team.
What you'll do:
- Provide technical leadership to a team of engineers working on Azure-based APIs, Synchronous, and Asynchronous platforms.
- Define and communicate technical vision, strategies, and best practices.
- Collaborate with product managers to align technical solutions with business objectives.
Architecture and Design
- Architect and design scalable, secure, and maintainable Azure-based solutions.
- Review and improve existing architecture, ensuring optimal performance and scalability.
- Promote the adoption of industry best practices and emerging technologies.
Mentoring and Coaching
- Mentor and coach junior engineers, helping them grow their technical skills
- Conduct code reviews and provide constructive feedback to ensure code quality and adherence to standards.
- Foster a culture of continuous learning and knowledge sharing within the team
- Collaborate with other teams and stakeholders to ensure seamless integration and compatibility between products and services.
- Work closely with DevOps and infrastructure teams to ensure the efficient deployment and monitoring of applications.
Problem Solving and Troubleshooting:
- Lead the resolution of complex technical issues and challenges that may arise during development and operation.
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks to ensure project success.
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Proven experience of 8 years in software development, with a focus on Azure-based APIs and Data-Processing Platforms
- Previous experience mentoring or leading a team.
- Strong expertise in Azure services and cloud-based architecture.
- Solid understanding of system design principles and design patterns
- Excellent programming skills in languages such as C#/.NET, SQL, RESTful APIs, and Git.
- Outstanding leadership, communication, ownership, teamwork and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of APIs, Databases, and other system architecture components
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skill
- 7+ years of technical leadership experience with C#, RESTful APIs, SQL, and Git
- 5+ years of technical leadership experience working on platforms & system applications in a public cloud context (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- 5+ years of leadership experience working in a team following Agile SDLC
- 3+ years supporting a production SaaS application
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Microsoft Azure
- Experience in Financial Technology: payroll, payments, ecommerce, etc.
- Experience working on and supporting high volume, asynchronous data-processing application
Compensation: $155,000 – $170,000. The actual base salary will depend on numerous factors such as: location, experience, training, knowledge. and skills. Tapcheck reserves the right to amend, change, alter, and revise pay ranges and benefits offerings at any time. All applicants acknowledge that by applying to this position you understand that this specific pay range is contingent upon meeting the qualifications and requirements of the role, and for the successful completion of the interview selection and process. It is at the Company's discretion to determine what pay is provided to a candidate within the range associated with the role.
Tapcheck is a digital platform offering an easy and convenient way to access on-demand earnings early. Available at no cost to employers, our app-based on-demand pay solution helps relieve the financial stress that many employees experience on a daily basis.
The Tapcheck team is passionate about our mission to improve financial wellness and boost business productivity. By giving workers the ability to transfer wages they’ve earned directly to their bank account or pay card without waiting for payday, Tapcheck eliminates the need for high-interest payday loans or employer-funded cash advances.
How We Get Things Done:
Our core values act as a steadfast guide, directing our decisions and anchoring our actions. We consider these values non-negotiable, especially when it comes to our hiring process.
- Humility: We believe in the power of humility. We value team players who are down-to-earth, respectful, and open to learning from others. Our employees approach challenges with a positive attitude, acknowledging their strengths and weaknesses while celebrating the achievements of their colleagues.
- Grit: We admire individuals with grit – those who demonstrate unwavering determination and resilience in the face of obstacles. At Tapcheck, we take pride in overcoming challenges together, pushing the boundaries of what is possible, and embracing failure as an opportunity for growth.
- Raising the Bar: Continuous improvement is at the heart of our culture. We are committed to setting high standards and pushing ourselves to exceed them. We seek employees who are innovative and strive for excellence, constantly seeking ways to enhance our products, services, and processes.
- Striving for Growth: We foster an environment that encourages personal and professional development. Our employees are driven to learn, grow, and adapt to new circumstances. We support individuals who take initiative, seek out new challenges, and actively contribute to their own growth and the growth of the company.
- Competitive Base
- Remote Work Environment
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401K Match
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Tapcheck, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.