As the Controller, you will play a pivotal role in establishing and enhancing our accounting function while ensuring the integrity and accuracy of our financial operations. This role combines strategic leadership with hands-on involvement in day-to-day accounting processes and requires a keen eye for detail, strong financial acumen, and the ability to build and mentor a high-performing accounting team. This role offers a unique opportunity to build and scale a function in close partnership with the CFO to drive lasting change in Tapcheck’s business.
What You’ll Do:
- Establish and scale accounting policies, practices, and procedures across the program while maintaining day-to-day accounting processes such as cost accounting, revenue-recognition, etc
- Implement and manage financial systems, accounting software, and internal controls to safeguard company assets and maintain data integrity
- Build and lead an effective accounting team, providing mentorship, training, and guidance to ensure high-performance standards
- Serve as primary contact for external auditors with respect to quarterly and annual audits
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Continuously assess and improve accounting and financial processes for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Build dashboards and reports that provide real-time and actionable insights to senior leaders
What You'll Bring:
- Ability to work out of our Plano, TX office 3 days per week
- 15+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- 5+ years of experience as a controller or similar role
- Experience leading accounting transformation (bringing accounting team in-house, implementing scalable enterprise solutions, etc)
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP accounting principles, procedures and legislation
Nice To Haves:
- Experience working for a fast-growing tech company
- Experience bringing a company through Series funding
Tapcheck is a digital platform offering an easy and convenient way to access on-demand earnings early. Available at no cost to employers, our app-based on-demand pay solution helps relieve the financial stress that many employees experience on a daily basis.
The Tapcheck team is passionate about our mission to improve financial wellness and boost business productivity. By giving workers the ability to transfer wages they’ve earned directly to their bank account or pay card without waiting for payday, Tapcheck eliminates the need for high-interest payday loans or employer-funded cash advances.
How We Get Things Done:
Our core values act as a steadfast guide, directing our decisions and anchoring our actions. We consider these values non-negotiable, especially when it comes to our hiring process.
- Humility: We believe in the power of humility. We value team players who are down-to-earth, respectful, and open to learning from others. Our employees approach challenges with a positive attitude, acknowledging their strengths and weaknesses while celebrating the achievements of their colleagues.
- Grit: We admire individuals with grit – those who demonstrate unwavering determination and resilience in the face of obstacles. At Tapcheck, we take pride in overcoming challenges together, pushing the boundaries of what is possible, and embracing failure as an opportunity for growth.
- Raising the Bar: Continuous improvement is at the heart of our culture. We are committed to setting high standards and pushing ourselves to exceed them. We seek employees who are innovative and strive for excellence, constantly seeking ways to enhance our products, services, and processes.
- Striving for Growth: We foster an environment that encourages personal and professional development. Our employees are driven to learn, grow, and adapt to new circumstances. We support individuals who take initiative, seek out new challenges, and actively contribute to their own growth and the growth of the company.
Why Join Tapcheck?
- Competitive base + Bonus + Equity
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401K Match
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Tapcheck, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.