Tapcheck is looking for a Data Engineer to join our growing Data team. In this role you will partner closely with stakeholders to gather requirement and play a crucial role in shaping the future of our data infrastructure.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to gather and translate their requirements into actionable data solutions.
- Design, develop, and maintain data pipelines using Azure Data Factory, with SQL queries as the primary transformation steps.
- Implement data quality checks to ensure data accuracy and consistency.
- Perform data analysis and reconciliation, supporting business users in their reporting needs.
- Utilize PowerBI to build insightful reports and dashboards
- Contribute to the modern data stack and drive the migration towards a formal data warehouse.
What you'll bring:
- 3+ years of experience as a BI / data engineer, preferably in a smaller company or start-up environment.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work with complex data sets.
- Proficiency in SQL, including the mastery of subqueries, CTEs, and window functions.
- Experience with data pipeline and ETL tools (Azure Data Factory is preferred, DBT, Fivetran, Stitch are nice to have)
- Familiarity with reporting and visualization tools such as PowerBI and Looker.
- Knowledge of modern data warehousing concepts and dimensional modeling.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to understand and articulate business problems.
Compensation: $110,000- $120,000. The actual base salary will depend on numerous factors such as: location, experience, training, knowledge. and skills. Tapcheck reserves the right to amend, change, alter, and revise pay ranges and benefits offerings at any time. All applicants acknowledge that by applying to this position you understand that this specific pay range is contingent upon meeting the qualifications and requirements of the role, and for the successful completion of the interview selection and process. It is at the Company's discretion to determine what pay is provided to a candidate within the range associated with the role.
Tapcheck is a digital platform offering an easy and convenient way to access on-demand earnings early. Available at no cost to employers, our app-based on-demand pay solution helps relieve the financial stress that many employees experience on a daily basis.
The Tapcheck team is passionate about our mission to improve financial wellness and boost business productivity. By giving workers the ability to transfer wages they’ve earned directly to their bank account or pay card without waiting for payday, Tapcheck eliminates the need for high-interest payday loans or employer-funded cash advances.
How We Get Things Done:
Our core values act as a steadfast guide, directing our decisions and anchoring our actions. We consider these values non-negotiable, especially when it comes to our hiring process.
- Humility: We believe in the power of humility. We value team players who are down-to-earth, respectful, and open to learning from others. Our employees approach challenges with a positive attitude, acknowledging their strengths and weaknesses while celebrating the achievements of their colleagues.
- Grit: We admire individuals with grit – those who demonstrate unwavering determination and resilience in the face of obstacles. At Tapcheck, we take pride in overcoming challenges together, pushing the boundaries of what is possible, and embracing failure as an opportunity for growth.
- Raising the Bar: Continuous improvement is at the heart of our culture. We are committed to setting high standards and pushing ourselves to exceed them. We seek employees who are innovative and strive for excellence, constantly seeking ways to enhance our products, services, and processes.
- Striving for Growth: We foster an environment that encourages personal and professional development. Our employees are driven to learn, grow, and adapt to new circumstances. We support individuals who take initiative, seek out new challenges, and actively contribute to their own growth and the growth of the company.
- Competitive Base
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401K Match
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Tapcheck, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.