Senior Manager (Director), Corporate Strategy
Talos: Institutional Fabric for the Digital Asset Market
Founded in 2018, Talos provides institutional-grade trading technology for the global digital asset market, powering many of the major players in the crypto ecosystem.
We are a tight-knit but decentralized team of highly-experienced engineers and businesspeople. We are a remote-friendly work environment, with physical hubs in New York, Singapore, London, and Sweden.
We’re Hiring: Senior Manager (Director), Corporate Strategy
Help define the future of Talos as the Senior Manager (Director) of Corporate Strategy in our New York City HQ (London, UK also considered). In this role, you will have an opportunity to collaborate extensively with senior leadership to develop business plans & strategies and establish a framework for problem solving and decision making that leverages data, analytical rigor and storytelling. The ability to blend B2C and B2B strategies, especially SaaS FinTech businesses, will be an important success factor.
Reporting Manager: Michael D’Alessio, CAO
Responsibilities and Duties
Responsibilities and duties will vary based on firm needs and business seasonality (e.g. board meetings, fundraising, etc) but will include the following
- Researching and developing a market landscape and competitor analysis for the crypto ecosystem; Perform traditional market sizing analysis (TAM, % market share by segment and customer type, etc)
- Development of business cases, models and analyses in support of (or against) entering new markets, launching new business lines or products, and partnerships
- Monitor and understand the firm’s KPIs and business metrics for internal and external consumption; developing a narrative and storytelling will be a critical component of success
- Own and deliver against firmwide initiatives such as implementing innovative organizational structures, compensation & incentive frameworks, and cross-functional strategic projects collaborating with functional and regional business leaders
- Support merger & acquisition (M&A) activities through analysis, due diligence and recommendations for or against potential deals
- Develop a strategic point of view and educate stakeholders such as the company’s board of directors, current and potential investors, and senior leadership on the state of our business, market and competitors
This is a rapidly growing, well funded start-up in an evolving industry. Your prior knowledge and experience will help guide you, but your ability to quickly understand new domains and apply traditional approaches to unique problems will ultimately determine your success. Knowledge of the digital asset ecosystem is preferred, but not required, however a passion for technology and high finance is a must :
- Six to ten years of experience in a top tier management consulting firm or similar in-house role; experience at a high growth startup is preferred
- A history of academic achievement and an MBA from a top 50 university
- Financial modeling, critical thinking and rigorous analytical skills are required; you must be comfortable making conclusions supported by available data and intuition
- Exceptional listener and communicator in a variety of mediums depending on the subject matter and audience
- The ideal candidate is an entrepreneurial, creative, and commercial self-starter who embraces all forms of diversity
- Proximity to our HQ in New York City (Union Square) is preferred to be present in the office about 2-3 days per week; candidates local to London will also be considered with the expectation for periodic travel to New York City
In New York City, the annual base compensation range is $200,000-275,000. This position is eligible for discretionary bonus.
Something looks off?