Senior Data Engineer
Money is the #1 source of stress for Americans, and Tally is on a mission to make people less stressed and better off financially. Tally supports consumers in their financial journey and enables them to manage their credit card debt, save money on interest, and pay off their debt efficiently.
We are building a team that strives for excellence in all things and is committed to living Tally’s values of Don’t Say Nothing, Own the Outcome, and Change Shoes Often. Learn more about our values and who we are here.
Tally is backed by some of the world’s top investors, including Andreessen Horowitz, and Kleiner Perkins, and has raised $172MM in total funding.
Our Data Platform team is responsible for managing our data infrastructure, architecting and implementing business-critical data pipelines, enabling data driven decision making by building data products, maintaining high code quality standards to improve the availability, reliability and accuracy of our data, and supporting all internal teams. Our Data platform consists of AWS Redshift and AWS S3 and Glue catalog-based data lake solutions and other big data distributed sql engines. We use Apache airflow as our primary ETL orchestration and workflow monitoring platform.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will develop solutions to turn millions of data points into actionable insights. You will constantly strive to evolve the data architecture and scalability. You will work on designing data architecture to support all business teams.
Apache Spark, Scala, Apache Kafka, Kinesis, Python, Airflow, EMR, ECS
- Develop solutions to turn millions of data points into actionable insights
- Design, implement, and manage robust, scalable, and high-performance data pipelines for collecting, processing, and storing large volumes of structured and unstructured data
- Optimize and fine-tune existing data pipelines for improved performance, reliability, and maintainability.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define data governance, security, and privacy policies, ensuring compliance with industry standards and regulations
In this role we value:
- Experience with big data technologies
- Experience designing data pipelines, data infrastructure, data architecture and/or data platform products.
- Passion for the latest distributed analytics technologies, ETL, and Big Data systems (such as data manipulation, data engineering, data analysis)
- Interest in mentoring, coaching and leading junior engineers in the team
- Highly skilled in data architecture and ETL design.
- Collaborate well with other data/software engineers and business partners
- Passion for solving complex and ambiguous problems and are skilled to make technical tradeoffs
- Highly motivated to enable data-driven decision making by building supportive data products
- Healthy appreciation of security principles and work hard to protect the consumer’s data
- Ability to understand product requirements beyond the written word and take pride in building resilient and maintainable code to support a rapidly evolving product
Tally core value Don’t Say Nothing:
At Tally, one of our core values is Don’t Say Nothing (DSN), which speaks to our culture of transparency, and sharing all that we can. In the spirit of DSN, the annual salary range in the US for this role is $152,000 - $243,000 USD. We offer a comprehensive total rewards package that includes: 12 paid holidays; company subsidized medical, dental, vision and prescription insurance; company paid short and long term disability insurance and life and AD&D insurance; wellness programs; voluntary life and disability insurance; pre-tax savings accounts for commuter benefits, health savings accounts and flexible savings accounts; paid parental and other eligible leaves of absence; 401(k) retirement savings plan; and an employee assistance program. Additional perks include: phone/internet reimbursement: co-working stipend; wellness reimbursement; home office set-up allowance; and access to discount programs. For more information about Tally visit: https://www.meettally.com/. Disclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. The Company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.