Sr Web Engineer
Money is the #1 source of stress for Americans, and Tally is on a mission to make people less stressed and better off financially. Tally supports consumers in their financial journey and enables them to manage their credit card debt, save money on interest, and pay off their debt efficiently.
We are building a team that strives for excellence in all things and is committed to living Tally’s values of Don’t Say Nothing, Own the Outcome, and Change Shoes Often. Learn more about our values and who we are here.
We are developing a modern SDK to increase our impact by partnering with key businesses looking to support their users’ financial needs. Qualified candidates should be comfortable leading the team’s efforts in creating secure, scalable public-facing web SDK.
Tally is backed by some of the world’s top investors, including Andreessen Horowitz, and Kleiner Perkins, and has raised $172MM in total funding.
The impact this role will have at Tally:
- Contribute to feature specifications and have a voice in what you’re building throughout the feature-building process
- Drive improvements to how we work to deliver value to our partners quickly and securely
- Collaborate with all engineering, product, and design teams to build new features and their integration with back-end services
- Be a driving force for architectural improvements and addressing tech debt
- Maintain a high standard of design by crafting beautiful UI for our users
- Develop with testing in mind and leverage testing frameworks in order to produce consistent, high quality features
In this role we value:
- Experience building a white label SDK for business partners
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience with different styling strategies / systems
- Strong understanding of web security issues, OWASP, and how to protect our consumers’ data on the web
- Strong communication skills with the ability to manage stakeholders and set realistic estimates of projects
- Strong understanding of web deployment models that support redundancy and versioning.
- An inclination for performance optimizations leading to highly responsive user experiences
- Experience writing automated E2E tests with Selenium or Cypress, GraphQL APIs and experience building CI/CD pipelines for web projects
- Strong product sense and a growth mindset
A message from our leadership:
"One of our core values at Tally is 'Change shoes often.' We do this with our peers and our customers every day, and we want candidates to share in our commitment to empathy. Empathy really is the foundation of inclusion, and Tally prides itself in being a company that prioritizes inclusion and diversity. We’re dedicated to creating a workplace culture where people are included and treated equitably."
Jason Brown, Founder and CEO
This organization participates in E-Verify. See more information here.
Tally core value Don’t Say Nothing:
At Tally, one of our core values is Don’t Say Nothing (DSN), which speaks to our culture of transparency, and sharing all that we can. In the spirit of DSN, the salary range in the US for this role is $150,000 - $240,000 USD per year depending upon geography, skills, experience, and other qualifications of the successful candidate. We offer a comprehensive total rewards package that includes: unlimited flexible paid time off; 12 paid holidays; equity grants; company subsidized medical, dental, vision and prescription insurance; company paid short and long term disability insurance and life and AD&D insurance; wellness programs; voluntary life and disability insurance; pre-tax savings accounts for commuter benefits, health savings accounts and flexible savings accounts; paid parental and other eligible leaves of absence; 401(k) retirement savings plan; and an employee assistance program. Additional perks include: phone/internet reimbursement; co-working stipend: wellness reimbursement; home office set-up allowance; and access to discount programs. For more information about Tally visit: https://www.meettally.com/. Disclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. The Company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.
Something looks off?