Senior Data Platform Engineer
Remote · United States
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for five years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 7 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
The Data Platform Engineering team is building the infrastructure to support a best-in-class decision engine. The role requires excellent communication to collaborate with our key partners-- Machine Learning Engineers, Data Scientists, and Analytics Engineers. The Data Platform Engineering team serves these internal clients by setting up, maintaining and evolving, infrastructure and tooling that they can leverage to then do their jobs. Finally, the team advises backend and frontend teams to adopt the Event-Driven Data Mesh paradigm.
- Previous experience in a software company or a platform team.
- 5+ years experience working on software engineering, using Python.
- 3+ years of engineering experience using streaming tools like Kafka, Spark, AWS Kinesis, Flink.
- Experience deploying infrastructure as code using CloudFormation or Terraform in AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Advanced degree in Engineering.
- Prior experience working remotely.
Nice to have:
- Experience building and maintaining a Data-Lake.
- Plus: managed data lakes with DeltaLake or Apache Iceberg
- Plus: previous experience working with MLEs or DSs, building and maintaining a Feature Store.
We strive to provide Talazens and their loved ones with a holistic benefit experience! We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
- Competitive compensation programs with stock/equity program
- Flexible work environments and Hybrid/Remote-first work model
- Medical (HMO, PPO, HSA), Dental PPO, Vision, FSA, DC FSA
- Employer paid Life w AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability
- 401k and Roth 401k
- Voluntary benefits like critical illness, accident, life, and pet insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays, Unlimited PTO, Wellness/rest “sloth days”, Paid Parental leave, Birthday Holiday, Life Event Days off, paid sabbatical after 5 years of service, and more
- Health and Wellness events and seminars
Salary range: $145,000-$190,000
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at Tala
Something looks off?