Senior Software Engineer, Frontend
Please note that although all positions at Synctera are remote, candidates must be located and authorized to work in the US or Canada as a precondition of employment. Synctera does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
What We're Doing
At Synctera, we’re powering the future of FinTech. We help companies create new revenue streams and enhance their value proposition with FinTech apps and embedded banking products. With APIs, compliance support, and bank partners in one end-to-end Banking as a Service platform, Synctera is the fastest and easiest way to build, launch, and scale bank accounts, debit cards, charge cards, lending, and more.
We are looking for interesting, curious, wickedly smart people who are ready to jump in and run with our fast-growing team. If you want to have fun at work, collaborate with some of the sharpest people in the industry, grow the FinTech and Banking as a Service ecosystem, and love to win, read on!
What You’ll Do
- Develop an amazing frontend for FinTech partners and banks
- Work with designers, backend engineers and product managers to create amazing experiences
- Solve engineering problems as part of a small team
- Be a leader on the ground and in the code
- Keep learning, keep growing and help your team do the same
- Determine process improvements, best practices, and develop new processes
- Work in close partnership with cross-functional teams
- Mentor Software Engineers to allow for skill/knowledge development through advice, coaching, and training opportunities
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years of professional experience working as a Frontend Software Engineer
- Extensive experience with React, Redux, TypeScript and React Hooks
- An understanding of the full stack - API Design, Cloud, Docker, CI and Databases a big plus
- Strong sense of style and UI design
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to write clean, efficient, and scalable code
- An understanding of design patterns and web architecture
Nice to Have:
- Experience working in FinTech startups or other financial services companies, with a solid understanding of financial concepts, products, and regulations
Diversity & Inclusion
Synctera is committed to having a workforce that is reflective of the diversity within the United States and Canada. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from candidates from underrepresented communities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation and gender identity, and all those who can provide different perspectives and contribute to the diversification of Synctera.
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, and vision benefits for US and Canadian employees and dependents
- Employer contribution to HSA for US employees
- Annual HCSA and generous extended health care coverage for Canadian employees and dependents
- 401(k) for US employees and RRSP for Canadian employees
- Mental health resources available for all employees
- Unlimited paid time off
- Generous paid new parent leave program
- Home office setup stipend
- Stock options program for all employees
- Growth potential and opportunity to have a significant impact at an early stage of our company's journey
- Working with a team of rockstars (+ a monthly happy hour with the team!)
To all recruiters and recruitment agencies: Synctera does not accept unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or to Synctera employees without an active vendor agreement in place. Synctera is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.