Director of Digital Marketing
Marketing & Communications
California, USA · Florida, USA · Texas, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 18, 2023
Synapse is a Banking as a Service (BaaS) provider with a clear mission, to ensure that everyone around the world has access to best-in-class financial products, regardless of their net worth. Synapse’s unified platform provides industry compliant payment, card issuance, deposit, lending, and credit products through simple APIs. We are the only BaaS provider that enables builders to launch feature complete deposit and credit products in weeks.
Our culture and values are simple and straightforward. We share a general concern for the well-being of others and strive to build a safe and inclusive environment for everyone. Our work style is collaborative and action-oriented. We are a team of conscientious, hard workers who also share a common sense of purpose. As we accelerate our growth, your career and opportunities will grow as well making it an exciting time to join Synapse.
The Director, Digital Marketing will play a pivotal role in defining and driving execution for Synapse’s outbound campaigns across a wide variety of digital marketing channels. This role will report directly to the VP of Marketing and Revenue Operations.
As the leader of our Digital Marketing function, you will drive the creation of promotional strategies and build and manage the team that will execute. You will be tasked with understanding our audience and offerings to deliver effective digital marketing campaigns and ultimately grow our business. This individual will partner closely with Synapse’s sales teams with a shared definition of what success looks like for top-of-funnel, mid-funnel and post go-live loyalty campaign programs. While this role will initially be an individual contributor role, you should be capable of building and leading a team of talented marketers to raise brand awareness, product consideration and adoption, and drive product cross-sells post go-live.
What You Will Do
- Work across marketing, sales and leadership stakeholders to oversee the development of strategic marketing campaign plans.
- Lead the execution of agreed-upon marketing plans and campaigns from concept to analysis and ongoing optimization.
- Ensure all campaigns are on track for full KPI and goal attainment.
- Conduct regular meetings with company leadership to report status on all digital marketing-related activities and how they perform in relation to overall company goals.
- Be the go-to-expert on all of our digital acquisition channels, including Paid search, Paid social (e.g. Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Reddit, etc.), Display (programmatic), website and video platforms.
What You Will Bring
- Strong background in senior marketing and campaign-driven roles.
- Refined communication, management, leadership, and analytical skills.
- Proficiency using marketing and content management systems, specifically:
- HubSpot or similar CRM
- Google Analytics
- Excel planning, budget and performance modeling
- Experience working cross-functionally with content, event, and product marketing, and PR/Communications teams.
- Experience is targeting and successful acquisition of startup/innovator accounts and well as Enterprise scale accounts.
- Experience driving demand generation success across both a technical (developer) and line-of-business (Fintech innovator) audience.
- You're self-motivated and willing to roll-up your sleeves to figure out how to get things done; have the ability to work in a fast paced startup and wear multiple hats.
- Be comfortable doing analysis and know how to use data to support your plans.
- Be a strong collaborator with a track record of building and sustaining relationships across functions and levels in the organization.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent working experience. A Master’s degree is a plus, though not required.
- Years of experience [minimum]: 5+ years
- Fintech experience a plus but not required
- Compensation is expected to be between $154,000 - $198,000. Exact Compensation may vary based on skills and location.
What We Offer
- 💰Competitive Compensation
- 🍎Insurance (Medical/Dental/Vision)
- 💚401(k) with company matching up to 4%
- 🏝PTO & Holidays
- ✨Life Insurance & LTD
Synapse is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. Synapse provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws.
See more open positions at SynapseFI
Something looks off?