Machine Learning Engineer
California, USA · Florida, USA · Texas, USA
Posted on Friday, August 25, 2023
Synapse is a Banking as a Service (BaaS) provider with a clear mission, to ensure that everyone around the world has access to best-in-class financial products, regardless of their net worth. Synapse’s unified platform provides industry compliant payment, card issuance, deposit, lending, and credit products through simple APIs. We are the only BaaS provider that enables builders to launch feature-complete deposit and credit products in weeks.
Our culture and values are simple and straightforward. We share a general concern for the well-being of others and strive to build a safe and inclusive environment for everyone. Our work style is collaborative and action-oriented. We are a team of conscientious, hard workers who also share a common sense of purpose. As we accelerate our growth, your career and opportunities will grow as well, making it an exciting time to join Synapse.
What You Will Do
- Work on Machine Learning models design analysis, modeling, training, testing and production deployment with focus on Risk, Identity & KYC products
- Work closely with Product Managers, Data Scientists and Data Analysts to assess data patterns and create solutions to prevent fraud
- Build and implement MLOps that allows other engineers to prototype and iterate on products and features to be executed on top of consumer-permissioned financial data
- Design and implement API integrations with multiple data sources required to train ML Models
- Ability to build and fine tune ML models that can support all of Synapse internal compliance regulations and ML platform features
- Collaborate closely with cross functional teams like Compliance Analysts, Customer Growth and Support teams to deliver high quality code and fixes to solve critical business problems on a daily basis
- A team-player with general concern for the wellbeing of others and the desire to work on problems that maximize a positive future for humanity
- An entrepreneurial spirit and unrelenting passion to deliver the best service possible
- The agility to proactively act on customer feedback, learn quickly, and build creative solutions.
What You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in Machine Learning and Data Engineering with in-depth knowledge of ML data structures and modeling, model training and production deployment
- Solid understanding of micro services architecture and hands-on experience in building RESTful API’s in Python with Flask/Django, deploying using cloud-native CI/CD release pipelines
- Experience in Computer Vision or NLP to solve complex and challenging problems.
- Experience with Tensorflow, PyTorch, Numpy
- Ability to write clean, reliable and maintainable code with focus on scalability and extensibility
- Prior experience working on AWS or other public cloud infrastructure, NoSQL Databases, Monitoring and Alerting applications like ELK, Datadog etc
- Prior working experience in Financial domain with focus on Risk, Fraud, and Identity products is preferred
- Compensation is expected to be between $113,000 - $154,000. Exact compensation may vary based on skills and location.
What We Offer
- 💰Competitive Compensation
- 🍎Insurance (Medical/Dental/Vision)
- 💚401(k) with company matching up to 4%
- 🏝PTO & Holidays
- ✨Life Insurance & LTD
Synapse is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. Synapse provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws.