Senior Solution Engineer
The Senior Solutions Engineer will support the pre-sales process by working alongside the Sales and Customer Success Teams to identify the customer’s needs and generate tailored business software solutions. They will be responsible for demonstrating and articulating the features of Symend’s software product which are best suited for the needs of our customers, developing use-case solutioning, performing technical Symend product demonstrations, and supporting the development of financial business cases and owning the fulfillment of customer SOWs.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Work as key member of our Sales team and help our existing and potential customers understand the Symend offering and use-case solutioning of the Symend platform:
- This includes understanding the customer specific use-case and evaluate the feasibility of developing such use-case on the platform.
- Own and build playbook demos that satisfy the customer use-case.
- Own and build pitch decks/use-case documents to illustrate what and how the Symend platform can satisfy the use-case.
- Facilitate and lead discovery sessions for prospective customers, and support technical implementation meetings with existing clients through product demonstrations:
- Performing demo (as needed) for perspective client.
- Customizing the demo to the client as needed.
- Help create concise technical documents, including proposals, solution overviews and RFP responses by:
- Owning and developing the financial business case for the client as part of the SOW.
- Develop clear success KPIs for clients’ initial commercial contract including the population they are targeting.
- Complete the Data Engineering requirements and Dashboard requirements for the Business Case KPI
- Win our customers’ trust, build credibility, and demonstrate expertise by sharing insights on the latest advancements in the industry, provide competitive insights and showcase Symend’s strategy, capabilities, and roadmap.
- Advocate for the customer’s best interests during all parts of the sales and implementation process, including working closely with product, development and operations.
- Serve as the technical liaison between the sales and technology teams at Symend by:
- Providing sales technical support to the Sales team, understanding the capability of the platform and provide solutioning through the platform.
- Occasionally reach out to Product and Engagement Science team for review and support as needed.
- Travel as needed to meet with existing and potential customers.
- Occasionally attend trade shows and support marketing initiatives.
- Work with product management and engineering teams to validate and support product roadmap discussions, sharing client product feedback for enablement:
- Responsible for providing product/solution feedback to the Product and Engagement Science team.
- Responsible for understanding *new* product capabilities in order to explain to clients.
- Train sales teams and partners where necessary on product features and updates, and how this adds values to our clients.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Previous work experience as a Solutions Engineer.
- Previous experience in a sales or business development role is an asset.
Key Competencies and Skills:
- 7+ years experience working in a pre-sales capacity with enterprise level clients in either SaaS Cloud based solutions, or Managed Services.
- Technical background and experience in enterprise business to business (B2B) solution selling and SaaS product demonstrations.
- Experience creating technical proposals, solution overviews, SOWs and Change Request documents.
- An active listener who is curious with an ability to complete discovery sessions with an ability to present to senior key stakeholders, up to C-suite level.
- Highly analytical and solutions oriented.
- Excellent written language, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Proven success working with Telecommunications, Service Providers or Cable, Media, Entertainment clients.
- Familiarity with SQL, Business Intelligence platforms
- Ability to create big-picture software solutions.
- Ability to present ideas in a clean, user-friendly way.
At Symend, we believe that all customers should be treated with empathy and dignity. That’s why we leverage our deep understanding of consumer behavior to create personalized interactions that better engage and empower customers at all points of the customer journey. Our digital engagement platform uses behavioral science, data science and advanced analytics to help our clients build stronger relationships with their customers. Symend: The science of engagement.™