Senior Data Analyst (Remote)
IT, Data Science
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
We started Super.com to help maximize lives–both the lives of our customers and the lives of our employees– so that everyone can experience all that life has to offer. For our employees, our promise is that Super.com is more than just a job; it’s an opportunity to unlock one’s potential, where learning is celebrated and impact is realized.
We are more than a fast-paced, high-growth tech company; we care about our people and take career progression seriously. This is your career and our aim is to supercharge it through the people, the work, and the programs that fuel who we are.
About This Role
We are looking for a Data Analyst to join our team. Our new member will work with data about, for example, memberships and financial transactions. You will use data to confidently answer strategic questions and uncover insights that will drive our business strategy and rapid growth. With a strong analytical and data-driven approach, you are apt in quantitative analysis and will use your experience to help our team organize, visualize and make sense of large datasets relating to user behavior. This is an exciting and dynamic opportunity to take ownership in a role as you conduct analyses to find actionable insights, launch and evaluate powerful experiments, and own analytics communications/ relationships while embedded within a cross-functional team.
- Data-driven Culture: you will be an ambassador for our data-driven culture, taking data and using it to answer business questions and drive strategy & results
- Data Management: you will access, clean and organize raw data in a way that makes sense for you, your team and your stakeholders
- Visualizations: you will help us to perceive our data in a way that makes sense, creating automated dashboards and funnels for various internal teams
- Hard Questions: your quantitative analysis will be an integral part of helping us to answer the toughest questions in our business, such as: Where can we improve the most? What is the optimum way to segment and track our users and their digital behavior? What can we learn through cohort analyses, regression models, etc? How should we prioritize different A/B tests? When are the results statistically significant? When do we pull the plug?
- 3-5 years of experience with design and development using modern BI/Analytic tools such as Looker, Snowflake and dbt to serve data to business users for guided and self-service discovery
- Strong knowledge of SQL with a proven experience to create clean datasets and utilize CASE WHEN statements, transformative functions, and (preferably) Jinja macros
- Intermediate at Python programming for data analysis/ science
- Aligned with hyper-growth culture at Super
- Strong comprehension of financial and customer KPIs
- Great communication across multiple teams and stakeholders
- Propensity to learn and dive into the data to find a solution to business problems without direct guidance
- Enjoyment from working on a team of driven individuals with varying specialities (product, ops, data, engineering) to achieve a common goal
- Capable of performing analyses of rich datasets to track feature usage and performance, identify potential gaps and opportunities, and communicate recommendations
- Openness to peer coding reviews
- Someone with strong curiosity and a keen interest in continued learning and teaching
We Believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If needed, please notify our Talent Acquisition Partner.