Payroll Specialist (Remote)
Accounting & Finance
Calgary, AB, Canada
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
We started Super.com to help maximize lives–both the lives of our customers and the lives of our employees– so that everyone can experience all that life has to offer. For our employees, our promise is that Super.com is more than just a job; it’s an opportunity to unlock one’s potential, where learning is celebrated and impact is realized.
We are more than a fast-paced, high-growth tech company; we care about our people and take career progression seriously. This is your career and our aim is to supercharge it through the people, the work, and the programs that fuel who we are.
About this team
Our People and Talent team drives the success and growth of our organization by cultivating a thriving work environment. We attract, develop, and retain top talent, fostering inclusivity, diversity, and empowerment. Aligned with the broader goals of the company, our initiatives drive innovation, collaboration, and an exceptional experience for our team members. We create a culture of personal and professional growth, aiding in building a strong and resilient workforce that shapes our organization's future.
About this role
The Payroll Specialist will contribute to Super.com’s payroll function as we grow globally. The successful candidate will be accountable for the hands-on, end-to-end administration of our global payroll. The ideal candidate will have at least five years of payroll experience and demonstrate exceptional organization, meticulous attention to detail, and a proactive approach to achieving objectives.
- Administer and process payroll for Canada and US entities
- Administer Canada & US benefit programs from a payroll perspective (benefit premium deductions, equity options exercise, RRSP / 401K, etc.) and ensure compliance
- Experienced in being the key contact for and being able to liaise directly with US and International PEOs that are in place - TriNet experience is a significant plus
- Partner with the People team and Finance team in implementing SOX-compliant payroll practices, reporting, and compliance.
- Prepare reports and reconciliations to assist in the review of payroll data.
- Perform other duties and projects related to the role, as assigned.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Canada and US payroll, specifically calculations (retro payments, prorated payments, vacation accruals, termination, and severance pay, etc.), data entry, end-of-year payroll requirements
- 3+ years of relevant experience in benefits administration, specifically benefit premium deductions in payroll, RRSP/401K deductions in payroll, equity options exercise, taxable benefits, T4 & W-2 administration
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Payroll Certification (PCP or PCM) required
- Day-to-day experience and/or implementation experience with ADP, Ceridian or Wagepoint is a significant plus
- Experience with payroll reporting, audits, and analysis
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and internal/external partners, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates a high level of urgency, proactivity, and confidentiality given the sensitive nature of this position
We've got you covered
- Competitive salary packages, equity options, great benefits from day one, wellness budgets, as well as personal and team-level development budgets
- We are remote-first – you have the flexibility to work from around the world and the hours that make sense for you– so that you can do your best work while living life on your own terms
- Other perks include: unlimited PTO, recharge days, travel discounts on SuperTravel, Weekly UberEats credit, annual company offsite
- We welcome new family additions with generous parental leave and a flexible return-to-work plan
- This is just scratching the surface– see our careers site for a more detailed overview of our perks & benefits
We Believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If needed, please notify our Talent Acquisition Partner.