Business Data Analyst (Remote)
IT, Data Science
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, October 20, 2023
We started Super.com to help maximize lives–both the lives of our customers and the lives of our employees– so that everyone can experience all that life has to offer. For our employees, our promise is that Super.com is more than just a job; it’s an opportunity to unlock one’s potential, where learning is celebrated and impact is realized.
We are more than a fast-paced, high-growth tech company; we care about our people and take career progression seriously. This is your career and our aim is to supercharge it through the people, the work, and the programs that fuel who we are.
About this Role
We are looking for a Business Strategy Analyst to join our team. Our new member will work with travel data about, for example, hotel inventory availability, price competitiveness, and customer journey flows. You will use data to confidently answer strategic questions and uncover insights about paid and organic traffic that will drive our business strategy and rapid growth. A major component of this role is data quality investigations, whereby you will query granular data to understand if our tracking plans are functioning as intended. With a strong analytical and data-driven approach, you are apt in quantitative analysis and will use your business experience to help our team organize, visualize and make sense of large datasets. This is an exciting and dynamic opportunity to take ownership in a role as you conduct analyses to debug, QA, and analyze data. You will work closely with our GM of Travel to answer some of the company’s most urgent and impactful questions, and be exposed to rich data about the travel industry.
- Data-driven Culture: you will be an ambassador for our data-driven culture, taking data and using it to answer business questions and drive strategy & results
- Investigate Trends & Anomalies: you have keen attention to detail and can support debugging and analyzing our business performance and champion getting to the root cause of performance changes
- Data Management: you will access, clean and organize raw data in a way that makes sense for you, your team and your stakeholders
- Business Understanding: you will determine the why behind our data-driven insights, and how the data both explains and impacts our business decisions
- Comfortability working closely with leadership, and ability to summarize complex topics into simple terms
- Great communication across multiple teams and stakeholders
- Propensity to learn fast and dive into the data to find a solution to business problems without direct guidance
- 1-3 years of experience using modern BI/Analytic tools such as Looker, Snowflake and dbt
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL with the ability to create clean datasets and utilize CASE WHEN statements, and transformative functions
- Beginner knowledge of pandas in Python
- Aligned with hyper-growth culture at Super
- Strong comprehension of operational KPIs such as inventory availability and price competitiveness
- Enjoyment from working on a team of driven individuals with varying specialities (product, ops, data, engineering) to achieve a common goal
- Detail-oriented and takes pride in boosting the team’s efficiency and accuracy by analyzing complex, unstructured source data
- Openness to peer coding reviews
- Someone with strong curiosity and a keen interest in continued learning and teaching
- Experience working in the travel industry is a plus
- A Commerce undergraduate degree is a plus
- Understanding of JINJA macros a plus
We've Got You Covered!
- Competitive salary packages, equity options, great benefits from day one, wellness budgets, as well as personal and team-level development budgets
- We are remote first – you have the flexibility to work from around the world and the hours that make sense for you– so that you can do your best work while living life on your own terms
- Other perks include: unlimited PTO, recharge days, travel discounts on SuperTravel, and Weekly UberEats credit
- We welcome new family additions with generous parental leave and a flexible return-to-work plan
- This is just scratching the surface– see our careers site for a more detailed overview of our perks & benefits
We Believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If needed, please notify our Talent Acquisition Partner.