Senior Manager, Consumer Research and Insights (Remote)
Portland, OR, USA
Posted on Monday, October 16, 2023
We started Super.com to help maximize lives–both the lives of our customers and the lives of our employees– so that everyone can experience all that life has to offer. For our employees, our promise is that Super.com is more than just a job; it’s an opportunity to unlock one’s potential, where learning is celebrated and impact is realized.
We are more than a fast-paced, high-growth tech company; we care about our people and take career progression seriously. This is your career and our aim is to supercharge it through the people, the work, and the programs that fuel who we are.
About the Role
The Senior Manager of Market Research and Insights at Super.com is a key leadership position that reports to the Chief Marketing Officer in the short term. In the medium term, the role will report to the Senior Director of Product Marketing who is currently on leave. This role is responsible for guiding data-driven decision-making across the organization by utilizing a comprehensive understanding of market research, data science, analytics, and behavioral sciences. The manager will be responsible for managing a research and insights manager, and closely collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment and effectiveness of customer-focused initiatives. The insights derived under their leadership are critical to ensuring Super.com's customer-centric approach, optimizing marketing and product-led growth initiatives, and driving sustainable growth.
Challenges you'll Solve
- Educating the entire organization on Super.com's target customers by sharing insights from new research to improve the company's understanding of our customers
- Evaluate critical product and marketing problems inclusive of the following to drive strategic decisions: Channel testing, Channel measurement, Pricing tests
- Connect research data with Super.com’s product analytics to create a comprehensive view of the customer’s values and behaviors to drive communications outcomes
- Become a thought leader by sharing relevant insights about Super.com’s customers and/or market trends externally via PR/social media/etc
- Action insights collected from research studies into A/B tests via Super.com’s owned channels
- The ideal candidate for this role is adept at both conducting research, but importantly, connecting it to company strategy and communicating it to executives and analysts alike. A strong candidate will have a combination of quantitative and qualitative research experience, is competent in analyzing data from Super.com’s database and from surveys, and is an experienced people manager who has led research teams in the past
- 10+ years of experience in research (market research, UX research, data science)
- 5+ years of experience managing research teams
- Hands-on experience with quantitative research tools (e.g. Qualtrics, Alchemer, Usertesting.com)
- Excellent analytical skills and experience with statistical tools (e.g. Python, SPSS, R, SQL)
- Sound strategic analysis skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience crafting reports and presenting data; leading research projects from start to finish
- Experience with managing research vendors
- Excels in working in an agile environment and deals well with ambiguity
- (Bonus) Previous experience working in tech, fintech, and/or travel
We've got you covered!
- Competitive salary packages, equity options, great benefits from day one, wellness budgets, as well as personal and team-level development budgets
- We are remote first – you have the flexibility to work from around the world and the hours that make sense for you– so that you can do your best work while living life on your own terms
- Other perks include: unlimited PTO, recharge days, travel discounts on Super Travel, Weekly UberEats credit.
- We welcome new family additions with generous parental leave and a flexible return-to-work plan
- This is just scratching the surface– see our careers site for a more detailed overview of our perks & benefits
We Believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If needed, please notify our Talent Acquisition Partner.