Senior Manager, Acquisition Marketing
Stride enables independent workers to reap the benefits of their independence. We simplify the challenges of being self-employed by helping workers handle the complexities of insurance, finances, and taxes — in one convenient platform. Since we were founded in 2014, we have helped over 3.7 million workers save an estimated $5.4 billion on their taxes and monthly health insurance premiums.
Stride partners with over 100 leading companies like Uber, Amazon, DoorDash, and Instacart to provide their independent workers with access to our benefits platform. The company is backed by $96 million in capital from Venrock, New Enterprise Associates, Fidelity’s F-Prime Capital Partners, Mastercard, Allstate and King River.
Cash compensation range: $169,000-$195,000 USD annually + equity
The Sr Mgr, Acquisition Marketing will report to the Senior Director of Growth and be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to drive efficient acquisition and revenue growth. The ideal candidate is comfortable across a broad range of functions - everything from helping inform the strategic vision for the paid media channels to being in the executional details when needed. They should have a strong foundation in paid media, backed by a proven history of harnessing data and technology to achieve tangible marketing outcomes.
- Work in collaboration with the Head of Growth to develop paid acquisition marketing strategies that deliver on growth targets and Stride’s CAC goals. Align on audience targeting, creative approach, landing page journeys and budget optimization. Drive app downloads by leveraging both paid and ASO best practices.
- Manage the day to day operations of Stride’s paid marketing channels and campaigns including implementation, optimization and reporting. Coordination with external resources may be required.
- Develop and implement an on-going test and learn strategy for paid marketing at Stride, regularly share results.
- Work in partnership with Stride’s creative and content resources to develop, test and implement ‘winning’ creative for Stride’s paid performance marketing efforts.
- Develop campaign strategies that meet or exceed Stride’s acquisition goals for key seasonal ‘drive times such as Open Enrollment and Tax Season.
- Develop reporting tools for paid media such as dashboards and reports that regularly communicate the results of paid performance marketing in terms of audience growth and CAC.
- Coordinate all channel management responsibilities with the Head of Growth. Responsibilities include reporting, budgeting, tracking and coordinating with legal team as needed.
- Serve as paid media POC in cross functional projects. Coordinate with Product team to investigate opportunities to improve the conversion funnel. Integrate closely with the rest of the marketing team to optimize all efforts across channels and drive top line growth.
Skills and Requirements:
- 8+ years of paid acquisition experience with a strong track record of successfully driving DTC user growth through media campaigns.
- In-depth knowledge of major media platforms, advertising tools, and advanced targeting techniques, including but not limited to Google Ads and Meta. Comfortable being in-platform as needed.
- Previous experience driving significant app download growth, including proficiency in app store optimization and successful user acquisition strategies.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret complex campaign data, identify trends, and derive actionable insights. Proficiency in using analytics and reporting tools such as Tableau, Google Analytics or similar platforms.
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks, manage multiple campaigns simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced DTC environment. Willingness to dive into the weeds and be a scrappy problem solver.
- Experience in a heavily regulated industry is a plus.
This resource will help explain Stride’s Compensation Philosophy and compensation practices, and will answer some common questions you might have.
Stride’s Compensation Philosophy utilizes a National Payscale, which is designed to fairly and equitably pay employees based on their performance and impact regardless of geographic location. For employees in the United States, our National Payscale leverages San Francisco Bay Area market data to determine our compensation bands for cash, commissions, or bonus (if applicable) and equity.
Unless otherwise noted, the cash compensation above is the total salary and does not include a bonus. In addition to cash compensation, all full-time Striders will be given stock options to participate in Stride’s equity incentive program. We want all Striders to be an owner of the company, value that ownership, and be able to participate in any future positive outcomes for the company.
Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including their skills, experience, qualifications, and other job-related reasons. Our compensation ranges are designed to be competitive, equitable, and growth-oriented.
We know that benefits are also an important piece of your total compensation package. To learn more about what’s included in total compensation, check out some of the benefits and perks Stride offers to all US-based employees.
At Stride, we believe in compensating Striders in ways that are true to their value in the marketplace, that inspire and motivate the team to execute our vision, that shape behavior toward productively building and sustaining Stride's culture, and that support the risks and rewards of a fast-growing technology company.
Stride is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.