Android Engineer - Brazil (Contract)
Today, 60 million Americans work independently, and that trend is only accelerating. But benefits are tightly coupled with full-time, W2-based jobs. As a result, the millions of Americans who work independently are excluded from that financial safety net.
Stride is the world’s first benefits platform built specifically for contractors, part-timers, and the self-employed. We provide them all the same benefits you’d expect from a W2 job, like insurance, tax support, and discounts on products and services. In fact, since launching in 2014, Stride has helped over 3.5 million Americans save over $4 billion on their benefits and taxes.
We’re partnered with the top employers of non-benefited workers, including DoorDash, Uber, Postmates, MasterCard, Amazon, Aon, and Willis Towers Watson. We’re backed with over $86 million in capital by Venrock, New Enterprise Associates, Fidelity’s F-Prime Capital Partners, King River Capital, Mastercard, and Allstate.
And we’re growing! While we started off exclusively serving non-benefited workers, other companies in our space started knocking on our door to tailor our platform for their customers. Now we need outstanding people (like you!) to help us reach our mission and improve access to affordable benefits for all.
Note: This is an open term, full-time (40 hours/week), contract opportunity.
About the Role:
Stride is on the lookout for smart, motivated engineers to help take our Stride for Android app to the next level. We are planning for many new things for our next iterations so your work will be feature-heavy and you'll have tons of say on its architecture and infrastructure. You will also be an advocate for best practices in Android coding across the company.
- Work alongside product, design, and leadership to implement and release new features on the Stride Android app
- Collaborate with multiple Engineering and non-Engineering teams within the company on cross-functional efforts.
- Help modernize our codebase and infrastructure so we have a state-of-the-art architecture that applies best practices.
- 2+ years of experience in Android native mobile development
- A strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals and excitement to work on a fast-paced, collaborative team
- Experience programming in Java or Kotlin
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Helped create at least one high-quality, active app on the Play Store
- Experience with Jetpack Compose
- Experience in Reactive Programming (RxJava/Kotlin Flow)
- Experience architecting the data layer of a modern Android app
- Experience with dependency injection using Dagger 2
- Experience handling concurrency (threads, coroutines, etc.) in the Android ecosystem
- Experience with one or more backend technologies
- Experience with RESTful API design and architecting network operations
- Experience with consumer finance and tax applications, healthcare, or the self-employed/freelancer industry
This resource will help explain Stride’s Compensation Philosophy and compensation practices, and will answer some common questions you might have.
Stride’s Compensation Philosophy utilizes a National Payscale, which is designed to fairly and equitably pay employees based on their performance and impact regardless of geographic location. For employees in the United States, our National Payscale leverages San Francisco Bay Area market data to determine our compensation bands for cash, commissions, or bonus (if applicable) and equity.
Unless otherwise noted, the cash compensation above is the total salary and does not include a bonus. In addition to cash compensation, all full-time Striders will be given stock options to participate in Stride’s equity incentive program. We want all Striders to be an owner of the company, value that ownership, and be able to participate in any future positive outcomes for the company.
Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including their skills, experience, qualifications, and other job-related reasons. Our compensation ranges are designed to be competitive, equitable, and growth-oriented.
We know that benefits are also an important piece of your total compensation package. To learn more about what’s included in total compensation, check out some of the benefits and perks Stride offers to all US-based employees.
At Stride, we believe in compensating Striders in ways that are true to their value in the marketplace, that inspire and motivate the team to execute our vision, that shape behavior toward productively building and sustaining Stride's culture, and that support the risks and rewards of a fast-growing technology company.
Stride is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.