Senior Manager, Analytics Engineering
Stori is a fast-growing, venture-backed financial technology company, on a mission to democratize credit access for 400 million underbanked LatAm consumers. Stori currently operates in Mexico and has a global team with offices in Arlington Virginia, Mexico City, and Asia. We have quickly made our mark as one of the top digital banks in Mexico with more than two million applicants for our credit card product since launching.
Stori is one of the top-funded startups in the region with US$250 million raised to date. We are backed by top global venture capital funds, such as GGV Capital, GIC, Lightspeed Venture Partners, General Catalyst, Goodwater Capital, Mexico’s Tresalia Capital, Vision Plus Capital, BAI Capital and Source Code Capital; who have successfully invested in startups such as Affirm, Airbnb, Alibaba, Stripe, and TikTok.
Stori has a standout founder team among fintechs, leveraging 100+ years of accumulated experience in consumer finance, banking and technology across Mastercard, Intel, Capital One, Morgan Stanley, GE Capital, and HSBC in the U.S., Mexico and Asia. The team has launched and managed many multi-million-customer credit card products globally, providing a wide breadth of experience and knowledge to our team.
We welcome diversity of background, experience and thinking. Storians are passionate about our mission and take pride in the products we build. Our culture thrives off of a flat structure and an inclusive environment where all of our employees can be their authentic selves, with boundless opportunities for professional growth.
Collaborate with business partners and stakeholders to understand their analytical needs, and translate the business needs into analytical data product design and implementation. Design the credit risk and credit facility data products to help the company with the current and future strategy. Lead a team of data analytics engineers to develop the analytical data pipelines and reports using tools like SQL, DBT, Python, Unix, Airflow, Redshift, AWS. Lead a team of data analytics engineers to develop production data systems that generate financial reports and loan tape files for credit facility. Design and develop data governance, data quality measurement and data remediation processes and monitoring frameworks. Drive and define data modeling and coding best practices and standards and provide technical leadership for the data analytics engineering team. Conduct code review of data pipelines and analytical code. Seek and surface root causes of credit risk and financial reporting data issues and address them at the source. Conduct research in data gaps, recommend and implement solutions for business process improvements. Clearly articulate and present complex data analysis concepts and issues to diverse audiences in technical and non-technical terms.
Position based at headquarters and may be assigned to unanticipated worksites throughout the U.S. as determined by management. Telecommuting permitted.
Minimum Requirements: Master’s degree or foreign degree equivalent in Operations Research, Business Analytics, Engineering, Information Technology Management, Mathematics, or related field, plus five (5) years of experience in job offered, in data analysis, or related occupation.
Special Requirements: Position requires each of the following skills:
- Programming in SAS, Python;
- Using SQL to conduct data analysis;
- Developing analytical reporting in BI tools such as QuickSight, Tableau, or PowerBI;
- Delivering cross functional action plans by communicating complex analytical insights and compelling risk mitigating solutions;
- Production transformation analytical data pipeline system design and maintenance;
- Managing data products in Big Data analytical database warehouses such as Redshift, Snowflake, etc.;
- Developing production transformation data pipelines using Python, SQL, Airflow, AWS;
- AWS Cloud data engineering tools such as EC2, S3, Postgres; and
- Setting up the data quality monitoring for key financial business metrics.
Manages others: YES: Four (4) Analytical Engineers
Travel: NO (per mgr: Domestic: 1 day per quarter. International: 3-4 days every six months)
What we offer
- Make a positive impact on the lives of our customers via financial inclusion
- International exposure & work experience
- Professional development opportunities
- Promote from within
- Competitive salaries with strong Stock Option package
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule including remote work
- Health Savings Account
- Commuter Benefits
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Open office design
- Onsite gym
- Casual dress code
- Company outings