Senior Database Administrator
Stori is a fast-growing, venture-backed financial technology company, on a mission to democratize credit access for 400 million underbanked LatAm consumers. Stori currently operates in Mexico and has a global team with offices in Arlington Virginia, Mexico City, and Asia. We have quickly made our mark as one of the top digital banks in Mexico with more than two million applicants for our credit card product since launching.
Stori is one of the top-funded startups in the region with US$250 million raised to date. We are backed by top global venture capital funds, such as GGV Capital, GIC, Lightspeed Venture Partners, General Catalyst, Goodwater Capital, Mexico’s Tresalia Capital, Vision Plus Capital, BAI Capital and Source Code Capital; who have successfully invested in startups such as Affirm, Airbnb, Alibaba, Stripe, and TikTok.
Stori has a standout founder team among fintechs, leveraging 100+ years of accumulated experience in consumer finance, banking and technology across Mastercard, Intel, Capital One, Morgan Stanley, GE Capital, and HSBC in the U.S., Mexico and Asia. The team has launched and managed many multi-million-customer credit card products globally, providing a wide breadth of experience and knowledge to our team.
We welcome diversity of background, experience and thinking. Storians are passionate about our mission and take pride in the products we build. Our culture thrives off of a flat structure and an inclusive environment where all of our employees can be their authentic selves, with boundless opportunities for professional growth.
Stori is looking for candidates with experience building and designing software solutions on scalable cloud infrastructure. Our Senior Software Engineers design, develop and maintain applications to solve customer problems and innovate Stori’s technology to support rapid growth. The ability to collaborate, design, implement and monitor software solutions in a growing team is essential. Successful candidates will be able to quickly adapt and learn while assuming ownership of multiple product areas.
- Work with a multidisciplinary team of engineers, product managers, analysts, and UI/UX to solve problems and design and implement new features
- Design & develop RESTful APIs that integrate with Stori and third-party software
- Improve backend batch and stream processing software
- Socialize software designs and database structure with the team
- Monitor production code in Grafana and resolve issues with your team
- Experience managing teams and designing solutions
- Experience building and consuming RESTful APIs in a microservices architecture
- Experience designing & developing batch processing for data pipelines
- Python or Golang professional software development experience in an Agile environment using Git
- Practical knowledge of SQL and/or NoSQL database model design and query optimization
- Strong software engineering practices like unit testing, PR reviews, design documentation and monitoring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science or a related field
- Self-organized and self-motivated. Resilient in the face of obstacles
- Works well in a team. Seeks to support other tech and non-tech team members
- Ownership of the team’s goals and work. Committed to get the work done.
- Mindset to identify opportunities for innovation, and the initiative to experiment with new tools and processes.
- Comfortable writing & speaking English
- Desirable experience with cloud platforms like AWS, GCP or Azure
What we offer
- Make a positive impact on the lives of our customers via financial inclusion
- International exposure & work experience
- Professional development opportunities
- Promote from within
- Competitive salaries with strong Stock Option package
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule including remote work
- Health Savings Account
- Commuter Benefits
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Open office design
- Onsite gym
- Casual dress code
- Company outings