Sr. Manager, Performance Marketing
Gen Z is the generation of the side hustle. 💪🏻 They’re creators. 👩🎤 They’re freelancers. 🧑💻 They’re investors. 👩💼 And they’re not afraid to take on challenges, especially when it comes to their finances - and we’re here for it.
Step is a next-generation financial services company building a better banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age. We’re on a mission to improve the financial future of the next generation by empowering teens to start their financial journey today. Step is a well-funded Series C company that has raised more than $175M, focused on disrupting the banking industry through a differentiated mobile-first consumer experience.
Teens and families love our product. We eclipsed 1 million customers in just four months after launch and have now crossed 4 million customers. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a strong mission and vision that puts people first, we want to meet you!
We are looking for an entrepreneurial leader to drive our performance and paid media efforts. As the Sr. Manager of Performance Marketing, you will lead the development and execution of our paid acquisition strategy. From creative development to channel exploration and optimization, you will have a direct impact on the growth of Step. You will work cross-functionally with almost every team to bring your ideas to life. There isn't an idea that is off-limits. We are looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and roots their decisions in data.
- Develop, execute, optimize, and own our performance marketing strategy and go-to-market campaigns for new products and launches
- Own the performance marketing budget and work closely with the Head of Finance and Marketing to allocate and manage quarterly spend
- Responsible for running and scaling all paid social , Google UAC, affiliate channels, and more while exploring net new acquisition channels to acquire new audiences and utilizing data to validate the channel’s efficacy
- Manage the creative testing process with a deep understanding of ad creative while working closely with the Step’s Brand Studio to ideate on creative concepts and how to convert users down funnel
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Product Marketing, Lifecycle, CX, Data, and Engineering
- Create, maintain, and distribute tracking and reporting against core KPIs
- 5+ years of acquisition and growth marketing experience, preferably with a mobile app
- 2+ years of experience building and leading a team
- Obsessed with leveraging internal user data with tools like Looker to make data-driven decisions for channel optimizations and budget allocation decisions
- Familiarity with Appsflyer is preferred
- A critical thinker with exceptional analytical skills and the ability to answer your own questions using native Ads Manager platforms, Mobile Measurement Partners (MMPs), and Looker; and familiarity with CAC, CPA, and LTV and how to impact them
- Team-oriented mindset and the ability to work with a wide range of individuals
- Naturally curious with a willing to take measured risks and a fan of all things GenZ
- Self-starter and able to work autonomously
- Base pay salary range is $140,000-$190,000 and stock in an early stage startup.
- Salary will be determined by a variety of factors including job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions.
Working at Step
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits 💸
- High potential for growth 📈
- Stock in an early-stage startup 🤩
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy 🏝
- Paid parental Leave 🐣
- Employee referral program 👯♀️👯
- Professional development reimbursement 📚
- Monthly stipend for Step Card testing ☕️
- 401K plan 💪🏻