Lead Product Manager, Fraud
Millions in the U.S. continue to be underserved or ignored by traditional financial institutions. At Stash, an investing app for more than 2 million active subscribers, we are addressing that reality by giving everyday Americans the confidence to take charge of their money and financial future. Our plans—starting at just $3 a month—provide easy and affordable access to a suite of products including investing, banking, education, and advice. Stashers are 18% more financially literate than the average American, and customers rely on Stash’s unique tools, guardrails, and content to learn about money and build wealth for the long-term.
In 2022, we made tremendous steps forward in the Stash customer experience, through the launches of Stash Core, a new banking account experience featuring access to an upgraded Stock-Back® Debit Mastercard®, enhanced customer support, and refreshed benefits, including increased rewards; and expanded access to cryptocurrency through a separate crypto account offering.
Our Talented Team
We are proud to attract phenomenal individuals who share our commitment to unlocking financial opportunity for a new generation of investors. Their unique perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences have helped create a thriving and inclusive culture based on the notion of “Prioritizing People,” a Stash core value.
Let’s solve complex problems and tackle wealth inequality.
Stash is seeking an experienced Lead, Platform Product Manager to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for establishing and driving the overarching product platform strategy for the Trust Platform domain. You will be responsible for setting the direction and responsible for facilitating the movement of funds on behalf of our customers, ensuring that all transactions are routed and processed accurately, securely, and quickly. We strive to provide straightforward and transparent mechanisms to move funds on, off and within the platform.
The Trust Platform teams at Stash is at the center of everything we do for our customers and for the business:
- Authentication - Provide secure and seamless access to our platform and effective user verification for our customers through effective management and implementation of various methods.
- Fraud & Identity - Protect our customers and business from fraudulent activities by implementing effective fraud identification and reaction measures, and scalable user controls.
- User Management - Ensure the proper collection, storage of customer engagement data and preferences while safeguarding their privacy to empower app experience by providing a complete view of the user at any given point in time.
What You'll Do
Our team works with Design, Engineering, and stakeholders to deliver the tooling these teams need to perform critical functions that have significant customer and business impact. Specifically in this role, you will:
- Define and communicate the vision, strategy, and goals that supports the Stash overall platform vision and the Trust domain to achieve its next level of maturity
- Define and develop a vision and multi-year strategy for solving the fake accounts problem in partnership with Engineering, Machine Learning, Data Science, and Policy functions and partner teams across the company.
- Champion the platform mindset and best practices, contribute to, and influence highly technical decisions working with senior engineering partners.
- Inform build vs. buy decisions that effectively scale our Trust platform from current state into a more mature seamless application suite and capability set
- Manage relationships with key external partners that help facilitate seamless fraud operations.
- Partner with the broader Platform teams to ensure the integration of risk scoring, fraud checks, and models to prevent bad actors on the platform.
- Ensure we build and maintain high quality change management, user acceptance testing, and release management processes
- Work with our Engineering team to extend our core decisioning service; building new risk and fraud mitigation features, APIs, and technology
- Build technology to enable a single view of a user across our merchants, platforms, and experiences while ensuring that their account data represents a legitimate person.
What We're Looking For
- 5 years of experience in Product Management at technology companies preferably, and familiarity with FinTech products and concepts
- 3+ years of experience in trust, specifically building fraud and identity tools.
- Experience defining strategic vision and tactical execution to build large scale fraud prevention tooling and identity management technology.
- Experience working in Platform Product Management, building solutions that can be leveraged by a variety of clients
- History of leading and executing in fast-paced, high-growth, ambiguous environments with multiple stakeholders and dependent teams to deliver exceptional business impact
- Strong technical background including working on technical API definitions
- Have extensive experience in working with engineering teams and to build best in class solutions
- You love getting into the details and are excited about the thought of reliability and great API design
- You have partnered closely with engineers to build products, especially APIs, and complex systems at scale
- You get excited about thinking about how to go through transformation and the journey of going from speed to scale
- Results oriented with a strong work ethic and low ego.
- Mission-driven and passionate about the problems Stash is solving.
- High attention to detail including precise an effective communications, including with external customers/partners
At Stash it is our mission to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth. That includes people of all races, genders, and abilities, so it is important to us to acknowledge and address the issues of inequality in financial services head on.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products. Our success is directly related to our employees and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
Helping You Invest in Yourself
- Comprehensive total rewards package, comprising compensation (base salary, equity, and depending on level, an annual bonus) and health care benefits
- Complimentary subscription to Stash+ account
- Remote-first work policy – Live and work where you feel the most productive, whether that is in your home, in an office (including our NYC and London offices), or a combination of both. Anywhere in the US or UK.
- Equity & Stash Accounts [Invest, Retire, Custodial, Bank]
- Flexible PTO
- Annual education reimbursement benefit Learning & Development Fund
- Work from home equipment stipends
- Paid Parental Leave ([offerings for birth giving and non-birth giving parents) Primary & Secondary]
- Enhanced wellness benefits through Gympass, Headspace, Ginger, and Maven Health
- Stash Gives donation and volunteerism program through Millie, with an annual company match
External Recognition for Stash
- Comparably's Best Company Awards: Best Places to Work, Best Company Outlook, and Best Engineering Team for Diversity, Women, Culture, and more! (2023)
- Fintech Breakthrough Award: Best Personal Finance App (2023)
- BuiltIn’s Best Places to Work (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022)
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back® Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
**No recruiters, please**