Senior Product Manager, App Enablement
Millions in the U.S. continue to be underserved or ignored by traditional financial institutions. At Stash, an investing app for more than 2 million active subscribers, we are addressing that reality by giving everyday Americans the confidence to take charge of their money and financial future. Our plans—starting at just $3 a month—provide easy and affordable access to a suite of products including investing, banking, education, and advice. Stashers are 18% more financially literate than the average American, and customers rely on Stash’s unique tools, guardrails, and content to learn about money and build wealth for the long-term.
In 2022, we made tremendous steps forward in the Stash customer experience, through the launches of Stash Core, a new banking account experience featuring access to an upgraded Stock-Back® Debit Mastercard®, enhanced customer support, and refreshed benefits, including increased rewards; and expanded access to cryptocurrency through a separate crypto account offering.
Our Talented Team
We are proud to attract phenomenal individuals who share our commitment to unlocking financial opportunity for a new generation of investors. Their unique perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences have helped create a thriving and inclusive culture based on the notion of “Prioritizing People,” a Stash core value.
Let’s solve complex problems and tackle wealth inequality.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Product Manager to join our App Enablement team. In this role, you will play a pivotal part in shaping the future of our product analytics infrastructure, customer engagement platform, and design systems. You will be responsible for leveraging your technical expertise in data, SDKs, and web/mobile platforms to drive data-driven decision-making and improve user experiences. Your team will enable product delivery teams to be more consistent at scale by delivering component-based application design and a quality data infrastructure.
What You'll Do
- Define and implement a robust product instrumentation strategy to capture relevant user data across our web and mobile platforms.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to ensure seamless data collection through the integration of tools such as Segment, Mixpanel, Amplitude, and Braze.
- Establish data quality standards and monitor data pipelines to ensure accurate and timely data collection.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive product analytics strategy to gain actionable insights into user behavior, product performance, and customer engagement.
- Create and maintain dashboards and reports to provide real-time insights to cross-functional teams, enabling data-driven decision-making.
- Continuously identify opportunities for optimization and improvements based on analytical findings.
Unified Notifications Platform:
- Lead the effort to build a unified notifications platform that supports omni-channel communication (email, push notifications, in-app messaging, etc.).
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineering and design, to ensure a seamless and personalized user experience across all channels.
- Define KPIs and metrics to measure the success of the notifications platform and drive improvements.
- Spearhead the vision for our design system, emphasizing design consistency, usability, and scalability across all products.
- Collaborate closely with designers, engineers, and other stakeholders to ensure high-quality execution of the design system.
- Empower teams to leverage the design system effectively, providing guidance and facilitating training sessions.
- Advocate for usability and accessibility best practices within the design system and our products.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation for the design system and regularly update it to reflect evolving needs.
- Utilize your technical background to understand and address challenges related to data architecture, SDK integration, and platform compatibility.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices in data analytics and mobile/web development to inform product decisions.
- Work closely with engineering, design, marketing, and customer support teams to gather requirements, prioritize features, and ensure alignment with business goals.
- Communicate effectively to stakeholders at all levels, from technical teams to executive leadership.
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years of experience in Product Management at technology companies preferably, and familiarity with FinTech and/or products and concepts
- Strong technical background with experience working with data, SDKs, and web/mobile platforms.
- Experience working in Platform Product Management, building solutions that can be leveraged by a variety of clients
- Proficiency in using analytics tools such as Segment.io , Mixpanel, Amplitude, and Braze.
- History of leading and executing in fast-paced, high-growth, ambiguous environments with multiple stakeholders and dependent teams to deliver exceptional business impact
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a data-driven mindset.
- Experience in building and optimizing omni-channel communication platforms is a plus.
- Have extensive experience in working with engineering teams and to build best in class solutions
- You love getting into the details and are excited about Data & Product Analytics
You have partnered closely with engineers to build products, especially SDK’s, and complex systems at scale
- You get excited about thinking about how to go through transformation and the journey of going from speed to scale
- Results oriented with a strong work ethic and low ego
- Mission-driven and passionate about the problems Stash is solving
- High attention to detail including precise an effective communications, including with external customers/partners
At Stash it is our mission to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth. That includes people of all races, genders, and abilities, so it is important to us to acknowledge and address the issues of inequality in financial services head on.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products. Our success is directly related to our employees and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
Helping You Invest in Yourself
- Comprehensive total rewards package, comprising compensation (base salary, equity, and depending on level, an annual bonus) and health care benefits
- Complimentary subscription to Stash+ account
- Remote-first work policy – Live and work where you feel the most productive, whether that is in your home, in an office (including our NYC and London offices), or a combination of both. Anywhere in the US or UK.
- Equity & Stash Accounts [Invest, Retire, Custodial, Bank]
- Flexible PTO
- Annual education reimbursement benefit Learning & Development Fund
- Work from home equipment stipends
- Paid Parental Leave ([offerings for birth giving and non-birth giving parents) Primary & Secondary]
- Enhanced wellness benefits through Gympass, Headspace, Ginger, and Maven Health
- Stash Gives donation and volunteerism program through Millie, with an annual company match
External Recognition for Stash
- Comparably's Best Company Awards: Best Places to Work, Best Company Outlook, and Best Engineering Teamfor Diversity, Women, Culture, and more! (20232)
- Fintech Breakthrough Award: Best Personal Finance App (2023)
- BuiltIn’s Best Places to Work (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022)
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back® Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
**No recruiters, please**