Director, Platform Product - Accounts & Adapters
Millions in the U.S. continue to be underserved or ignored by traditional financial institutions. At Stash, an investing app for more than 2 million active subscribers, we are addressing that reality by giving everyday Americans the confidence to take charge of their money and financial future. Our plans—starting at just $3 a month—provide easy and affordable access to a suite of products including investing, banking, education, and advice. Stashers are 18% more financially literate than the average American, and customers rely on Stash’s unique tools, guardrails, and content to learn about money and build wealth for the long-term.
In 2022, we made tremendous steps forward in the Stash customer experience, through the launches of Stash Core, a new banking account experience featuring access to an upgraded Stock-Back® Debit Mastercard®, enhanced customer support, and refreshed benefits, including increased rewards; and expanded access to cryptocurrency through a separate crypto account offering.
Our Talented Team
We are proud to attract phenomenal individuals who share our commitment to unlocking financial opportunity for a new generation of investors. Their unique perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences have helped create a thriving and inclusive culture based on the notion of “Prioritizing People,” a Stash core value.
Let’s solve complex problems and tackle wealth inequality.
Stash is seeking an experienced Director, Platform Product Management to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for establishing and driving the overarching product platform strategy for the Accounts & Adapters Platform domain. You will be responsible for setting the direction for integration and connections to our core brokerage and banking partners and facilitating all ledgering and reconciliation of customer accounts that support our operational processes and our customer experience.
The Accounts and Adapters Platform teams at Stash is at the heart of everything we do for our customers and for the business:
- Maintain full account lifecycle processing including accurate and up-to-date ledgers for all customer accounts in the Banking and Brokerage product lines.
- Support timely processing of all account-related monetary activities such as statement generation and settlement of funds.
- Evaluate partner platforms and determine the integration methodology for mission-critical partners that support the processing of Banking and Brokerage accounts.
- Implement robust controls for posting of transactions,, account updates and reconciliation across internal and partner platforms.
- Define domain boundaries and interactions, enabling dynamic customer experiences and support tools that deliver on our mission to empower everyday Americans.
- Continuously improve and optimize our accounts and adapters systems to enable a fast onboarding of new account types for our customers.
What you'll do
Our team works with Design, Engineering, and stakeholders to deliver the APIs that abstract our core partners and make it easier for teams to perform critical functions that have significant customer and business impact.
- Define and communicate the vision, strategy, and goals that supports the Stash overall platform vision and the Accounts & Adapters domain to achieve its next level of maturity
- Champion the platform mindset and best practices, contribute to, and influence highly technical decisions working with senior engineering partners.
- Inform key decisions that effectively scale our platform from current state into a more mature seamless application suite and capability set
- Manage relationships and inform strategic decisions with key external partners across our brokerage, banking, and future products.
- Ensure we build and maintain high quality change management, user acceptance testing, and release management processes
- Partner with your customer (teams within Stash) that are building financial products and interactions to help enable great customer experiences
- Identify opportunities to consolidate our capabilities and drive adoption within our products to make sure all of our teams go faster and further.
What we're looking for
- 8-10 years of experience in Product Management at technology companies preferably, and familiarity with FinTech products and concepts
- Experience working closely with brokerage solutions providing clearing & custody (Broadridge, APEX, Drivewealth, etc.) and/or banking/lending solutions (FiServ, Temenos, Mambu, etc,)
- Knowledge of Equities trading & clearance. ACATS, settlement, and/or margin experience a plus
- Experience working in Platform Product Management, building solutions that can be leveraged by a variety of clients
- History of leading and executing in fast-paced, high-growth, ambiguous environments with multiple stakeholders and dependent teams to deliver exceptional business impact
- Strong technical background including working on technical API definitions
- Have extensive experience in working with engineering teams and to build best in class solutions
- You love getting into the details and are excited about the thought of reliability and great API design
- You have partnered closely with engineers to build products, especially APIs, and complex systems at scale
- You get excited about thinking about how to go through transformation and the journey of going from speed to scale
- Results oriented with a strong work ethic and low ego.
- Mission-driven and passionate about the problems Stash is solving.
- High attention to detail including precise an effective communications, including with external customers/partners
At Stash it is our mission to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth. That includes people of all races, genders, and abilities, so it is important to us to acknowledge and address the issues of inequality in financial services head on.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products. Our success is directly related to our employees and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
Helping You Invest in Yourself
- Comprehensive total rewards package, comprising compensation (base salary, equity, and depending on level, an annual bonus) and health care benefits
- Complimentary subscription to Stash+ account
- Remote-first work policy – Live and work where you feel the most productive, whether that is in your home, in an office (including our NYC and London offices), or a combination of both. Anywhere in the US or UK.
- Equity & Stash Accounts [Invest, Retire, Custodial, Bank]
- Flexible PTO
- Annual education reimbursement benefit Learning & Development Fund
- Work from home equipment stipends
- Paid Parental Leave ([offerings for birth giving and non-birth giving parents) Primary & Secondary]
- Enhanced wellness benefits through Gympass, Headspace, Ginger, and Maven Health
- Stash Gives donation and volunteerism program through Millie, with an annual company match
External Recognition for Stash
- Comparably's Best Company Awards: Best Places to Work, Best Company Outlook, and Best Engineering Teamfor Diversity, Women, Culture, and more! (20232)
- Fintech Breakthrough Award: Best Personal Finance App (2023)
- BuiltIn’s Best Places to Work (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022)
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back® Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
**No recruiters, please**
Something looks off?