Sr. Product Manager, User Platform
Millions in the U.S. continue to be underserved or ignored by traditional financial institutions. At Stash, an investing app for more than 2 million active subscribers, we are addressing that reality by giving everyday Americans the confidence to take charge of their money and financial future. Our plans—starting at just $3 a month—provide easy and affordable access to a suite of products including investing, banking, education, and advice. Stashers are 18% more financially literate than the average American, and customers rely on Stash’s unique tools, guardrails, and content to learn about money and build wealth for the long-term.
In 2022, we made tremendous steps forward in the Stash customer experience, through the launches of Stash Core, a new banking account experience featuring access to an upgraded Stock-Back® Debit Mastercard®, enhanced customer support, and refreshed benefits, including increased rewards; and expanded access to cryptocurrency through a separate crypto account offering.
Our Talented Team
We are proud to attract phenomenal individuals who share our commitment to unlocking financial opportunity for a new generation of investors. Their unique perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences have helped create a thriving and inclusive culture based on the notion of “Prioritizing People,” a Stash core value.
Let’s solve complex problems and tackle wealth inequality.
Stash is seeking a Senior Product Manager with platform experience to join our team. In this role, you will work with Engineering and multiple stakeholders to own the User Management platform and deliver solutions supporting use cases that deliver a consistent and delightful customer experience while also effectively managing risk.
Your team will be the trusted source for the user profile and our understanding of a user’s relationship with Stash, allowing us to power more personalized experiences across our products.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with multiple teams and stakeholders to understand a broad set of problem statements and opportunities
- Help to define the near and long term goals of a user platform that supports a broader, cross-product strategy
- Deliver easy-to-use platform solutions that: create a better user experience, effectively manage risk, and unlock future capabilities for our customers and business
- Balance the health, scalability, and future-proofing of your platform with delivering new capabilities that solve the problems of today
- Leverage effective qualitative and quantitative feedback loops to continuously enhance solutions and uncover new opportunities
What we’re looking for
- 4+ years product management experience
- Experience working in Platform Product Management building solutions that can be leveraged by a variety of clients, preferably in Fintech
- Strong technical background including working on technical API definitions
- Proven ability to prioritize across a broad set of cross-product needs/outcomes
- Personal Characteristics
- You love getting into the details and are excited about the thought of reliability and great API design
- You have partnered closely with engineers to build products, especially APIs, and complex systems at scale
- Results oriented with a strong work ethic and low ego
- Mission-driven and passionate about the problems Stash is solving
At Stash it is our mission to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth. That includes people of all races, genders, and abilities, so it is important to us to acknowledge and address the issues of inequality in financial services head on.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products. Our success is directly related to our employees and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
Helping You Invest in Yourself
- Comprehensive total rewards package, comprising compensation (base salary, equity, and depending on level, an annual bonus) and health care benefits
- Complimentary subscription to Stash+ account
- Remote-first work policy – Live and work where you feel the most productive, whether that is in your home, in an office (including our NYC and London offices), or a combination of both. Anywhere in the US or UK.
- Equity & Stash Accounts [Invest, Retire, Custodial, Bank]
- Flexible PTO
- Annual education reimbursement benefit Learning & Development Fund
- Work from home equipment stipends
- Paid Parental Leave ([offerings for birth giving and non-birth giving parents) Primary & Secondary]
- Enhanced wellness benefits through Gympass, Headspace, Ginger, and Maven Health
- Stash Gives donation and volunteerism program through Millie, with an annual company match
External Recognition for Stash
- Comparably's Best Company Awards: Best Places to Work, Best Company Outlook, and Best Engineering Teamfor Diversity, Women, Culture, and more! (20232)
- Fintech Breakthrough Award: Best Personal Finance App (2023)
- BuiltIn’s Best Places to Work (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022)
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back® Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
**No recruiters, please**
Something looks off?