Financial Content Creator
Millions in the U.S. continue to be underserved or ignored by traditional financial institutions. At Stash, an investing app for more than 2 million active subscribers, we are addressing that reality by giving everyday Americans the confidence to take charge of their money and financial future. Our plans—starting at just $3 a month—provide easy and affordable access to a suite of products including investing, banking, education, and advice. Stashers are 18% more financially literate than the average American, and customers rely on Stash’s unique tools, guardrails, and content to learn about money and build wealth for the long-term.
In 2022, we made tremendous steps forward in the Stash customer experience, through the launches of Stash Core, a new banking account experience featuring access to an upgraded Stock-Back® Debit Mastercard®, enhanced customer support, and refreshed benefits, including increased rewards; and expanded access to cryptocurrency through a separate crypto account offering.
Our Talented Team
We are proud to attract phenomenal individuals who share our commitment to unlocking financial opportunity for a new generation of investors. Their unique perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences have helped create a thriving and inclusive culture based on the notion of “Prioritizing People,” a Stash core value.
Let’s solve complex problems and tackle wealth inequality.
What you'll do:
You will be responsible for creating high-quality content that educates and informs our audience on a range of finance and investing topics through articles, videos, quizzes, and interactive tools. You’ll also review and edit content produced by our freelance partners to ensure a high level of quality and accuracy. Our content offerings will be distributed across a variety of platforms where you’ll have the opportunity to use your creativity and expertise to engage, educate, and inspire new Stash customers to make informed financial decisions.
You will have a unique opportunity to make a real impact in people's lives by sharing valuable insights and knowledge on topics ranging from personal finance, investing, retirement planning, and more. If you have a passion for finance and a talent for creating engaging content, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity to join our team.
- Steward of the financial voice of Stash and related content with a focus on investing and saving for the future.
- Serve as spokesperson for Stash brand campaigns across social media, PR, and in-app (live and pre-recorded)
- Create financial and educational content to attract prospects and drive engagement of new customers.
- Collaborate with investment team to deliver high quality financial content surrounding our products and features
- Write and edit content, sometimes ghost write for our CEO
- Oversee content development calendars driving direction and tactical execution
- Collaborate with SEO and Optimization lead on overall content strategy to drive high quality traffic
What we're looking for:
- 5-10 years of financial writing experience
- Deep understanding of personal finance, basic investing, and how to create and write for beginner audiences
- Comfortable as a public facing evangelist for the brand
- Passion for creating financial content and the communication skills to own that content on camera
- Existing relationships and reputation with media outlets
- Seasoned educator/public speaker
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Ability to tailor message, style and channel to reach different audiences effectively
- Knowledge of content distribution and syndication
- Team player, flexible, and wants to work in a fast paced collaborative environment
At Stash it is our mission to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth. That includes people of all races, genders, and abilities, so it is important to us to acknowledge and address the issues of inequality in financial services head on.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products. Our success is directly related to our employees and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
Helping You Invest in Yourself
- Comprehensive total rewards package, comprising compensation (base salary, equity, and depending on level, an annual bonus) and health care benefits
- Complimentary subscription to Stash+ account
- Remote-first work policy – Live and work where you feel the most productive, whether that is in your home, in an office (including our NYC and London offices), or a combination of both. Anywhere in the US or UK.
- Equity & Stash Accounts [Invest, Retire, Custodial, Bank]
- Flexible PTO
- Annual education reimbursement benefit Learning & Development Fund
- Work from home equipment stipends
- Paid Parental Leave ([offerings for birth giving and non-birth giving parents) Primary & Secondary]
- Enhanced wellness benefits through Gympass, Headspace, Ginger, and Maven Health
- Stash Gives donation and volunteerism program through Millie, with an annual company match
External Recognition for Stash
- Comparably's Best Company Awards: Best Places to Work, Best Company Outlook, and Best Engineering Teamfor Diversity, Women, Culture, and more! (20232)
- Fintech Breakthrough Award: Best Personal Finance App (2023)
- BuiltIn’s Best Places to Work (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022)
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back® Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
**No recruiters, please**
Something looks off?