Lead Product Manager, Business Operations
Millions in the U.S. continue to be underserved or ignored by traditional financial institutions. At Stash, an investing app for more than 2 million active subscribers, we are addressing that reality by giving everyday Americans the confidence to take charge of their money and financial future. Our plans—starting at just $3 a month—provide easy and affordable access to a suite of products including investing, banking, education, and advice. Stashers are 18% more financially literate than the average American, and customers rely on Stash’s unique tools, guardrails, and content to learn about money and build wealth for the long-term.
In 2022, we made tremendous steps forward in the Stash customer experience, through the launches of Stash Core, a new banking account experience featuring access to an upgraded Stock-Back® Debit Mastercard®, enhanced customer support, and refreshed benefits, including increased rewards; and expanded access to cryptocurrency through a separate crypto account offering.
Our Talented Team
We are proud to attract phenomenal individuals who share our commitment to unlocking financial opportunity for a new generation of investors. Their unique perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences have helped create a thriving and inclusive culture based on the notion of “Prioritizing People,” a Stash core value.
Let’s solve complex problems and tackle wealth inequality.
Stash is seeking an experienced Lead Product Manager to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for establishing and driving the overarching product strategy for the internal tools and platform that powers our Business Operations teams.
Business Operations at Stash is comprised of four areas: Customer Ops, (customer support), Brokerage Ops (trading, user and account management, ACAT processing, document reviews, reconciliation, etc.), Bank Ops (disputes investigation, processing and fulfillment, reconciliation, etc.), and Fraud Ops (fraud rules management and investigation).
Our team works with Design, Engineering, and stakeholders to deliver the tooling these teams need to perform critical functions that have significant customer and business impact.
What You'll Do
- Define and communicate the vision, strategy, and goals that supports Business Operations’ ability to achieve its next level of maturity
- Create new or improve existing qual/quant feedback loops for tooling to drive business insights and ensure high quality product delivery
- Inform build vs. buy decisions that effectively scale the tooling platform from current state into a more mature seamless application suite and capability set
- Identify overlapping opportunities across Business Operations, connecting dots to solve shared problems with common approaches or solutions when appropriate
- Partner with Business Operations stakeholders and Engineering to build and maintain high quality change management, user acceptance testing, and release management processes
- Ensure the Operations tooling platform effectively supports Stash’s compliance with all relevant regulations
- Identify opportunities to incorporate systemic preventative and detective controls against high risk tasks and processes
- Enhance, automate, and deliver new tooling that reduces agent burden, agent error, and cost to service, while maintaining or improving the customer experience
- Coach and develop other product managers on the team, in addition to being a strong individual contributor
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years product management experience
- Experience working in fintech, fintech operations preferred
- Experience building successful products within operations, including managing complex, cross-functional initiatives (planning, execution, and delivery)
- Expertise in contact center / operations technology and the relevant vendor landscape (case management, servicing channels and automation, workflow management, etc…)
- Knowledge of relevant customer service and operations metrics
- Deep passion for customer experience through the lens of servicing and operations
- Excellent communicator, strategic thinker and problem solver. Works collaboratively with cross-functional teams and diverse internal stakeholders
- Results oriented with a strong work ethic and low ego
- Mission-driven and passionate about the problems Stash is solving
At Stash it is our mission to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth. That includes people of all races, genders, and abilities, so it is important to us to acknowledge and address the issues of inequality in financial services head on.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products. Our success is directly related to our employees and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
Helping You Invest in Yourself
- Comprehensive total rewards package, comprising compensation (base salary, equity, and depending on level, an annual bonus) and health care benefits
- Complimentary subscription to Stash+ account
- Remote-first work policy – Live and work where you feel the most productive, whether that is in your home, in an office (including our NYC and London offices), or a combination of both. Anywhere in the US or UK.
- Equity & Stash Accounts [Invest, Retire, Custodial, Bank]
- Flexible PTO
- Annual education reimbursement benefit Learning & Development Fund
- Work from home equipment stipends
- Paid Parental Leave ([offerings for birth giving and non-birth giving parents) Primary & Secondary]
- Enhanced wellness benefits through Gympass, Headspace, Ginger, and Maven Health
- Stash Gives donation and volunteerism program through Millie, with an annual company match
External Recognition for Stash
- Comparably's Best Company Awards: Best Places to Work, Best Company Outlook, and Best Engineering Team for Diversity, Women, Culture, and more! (2023)
- Fintech Breakthrough Award: Best Personal Finance App (2023)
- BuiltIn’s Best Places to Work (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022)
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back® Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
Salary Range: $159k-$236k
**No recruiters, please**
Something looks off?