WHO WE ARE
SQUIRE is the world’s leading and fastest-growing software technology platform for barbershops, a hundred-billion-dollar global industry. We provide a one-stop solution that helps small business entrepreneurs run and grow their businesses.
SQUIRE is also the premiere booking engine that connects people with great barbers nationwide. We make it easy to discover and book the best barbers wherever you are, in just a few taps.
With headquarters in New York and a presence in major cities in the United States, U.K., and Canada, SQUIRE has quickly become a market leader in technology solutions for the barbershop industry.
SQUIRE is currently a Series D company and has raised over $165M to date.
For more information, please visit getsquire.com or download the SQUIRE app from the App or Play Store.
SQUIRE is looking for a skilled Service Engineer to join one of our dynamic product teams. As a Service Engineer, you will play a crucial role in building and maintaining high-quality product features for our service applications. You will be part of the Services Community, with hiring and technology policies defined and owned by the Director of Service Engineering. This position offers an opportunity to grow and make a significant impact on SQUIRE's products.
This position is a contract role, 100% remote and can be located outside of the U.S.
This position reports to the Director, Engineering Management
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build and maintain high-quality product features for service applications using Node.js.
- Collaborate with the product team and other engineers to ensure seamless integration of service applications with frontend and mobile applications.
- Actively participate in code reviews, providing and receiving constructive feedback to improve overall code quality.
- Participate in interview panels related to service development hiring.
- Contribute to the Services Community, sharing knowledge and helping to shape hiring and technology policies.
- Work closely with the Engineering Manager, following the guidelines and direction provided by the Director of Service Engineering.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software defects and other technical issues.
- Assist with the estimation and planning of service application development tasks.
The duties and responsibilities outlined above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned from time to time based on business needs
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science is required.
- At least 3 years of experience in service application development using Node.js.
- Strong knowledge of microservices architecture patterns, frameworks, and best practices.
- Experience with version control systems like Git.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a remote team environment.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive base salary
- Opportunity to work 100% remote
SQUIRE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.