Vice President, Sales - East Coast
Spotter, named one of TIME100's Most Influential Companies this year, empowers top YouTube creators to accelerate their business and unleash their full creative potential by giving them access to the capital, knowledge, and community they need to succeed at scale. As the top provider of creator-friendly growth capital, Spotter tailors our investments to meet the unique needs of each creator we partner with, giving them the freedom to create without compromise.
Creators are free to reinvest their funds however they choose, from hiring a team, to building their own production studios, and everything in between, all while maintaining total control over their catalogs, their channels, and their future earnings. In addition to funding, Spotter provides creators with in-depth data insights into the performance of their existing content, enabling them to leverage the full value of their library, as well as the value of future uploads and how they can improve performance in the future.
Featured in Forbes, Fast Company, Variety, Axios, and more, Spotter has already deployed over $850 million to YouTube creators to reinvest in themselves and accelerate their growth. Spotter has licensed content that consists of over 725,000 videos, which generate 88 billion monthly watch-time minutes. With our curated premium video catalog, we deliver a unique scaled media solution to Advertisers and Ad Agencies that is transparent, efficient, and 100% brand safe.
What You’ll Do:
The Vice President, Sales - East Coast, will play an integral role in the evolution of our leadership and strategy, developing sales partnerships with top agencies and brand marketers. As we advance the Spotter business the VP, Sales will lead a team of sellers who will be responsible for generating revenue by selling Spotter’s advertising portfolio. Utilizing a highly consultative approach with advertising companies and marketing executives, while motivating a team of sellers to drive results, will be the key to this role. In addition, the ideal candidate will act as an ambassador of the brand to further establish Spotter as the leading advertising solution in the Creator Economy. This position will be based out of our New York office. In this role, the sales leader will have oversight into the go-to-market sales vision, strategy and execution, and will be responsible for:
- Leading the overall sales strategy and meeting and exceeding team revenue goals
- Providing guidance, leadership and support for a team of Account Directors and Associates
- Managing a pipeline of business, providing status updates on revenue performance, and book of business, including scheduled meetings, prospects and continuous marketplace intelligence
- Strategically positioning and differentiating the Spotter vision and value proposition in the marketplace to establish Spotter as a leader in the Creator Economy
- Leveraging existing relationships and cultivating new meaningful relationships with C- Level executives at top agencies (CMOs, CIOs) and key investment decision makers
- Act as subject matter expert for the Creator Economy by leveraging research, data and insights to inform and bring value to Spotter’s advertising partners
- Communicating advertiser specific business needs with key Spotter stakeholders to ensure we proactively build programs and account-based marketing strategies
- Partner with the Creator Team to bring creative solutions to brands in the form of integrations, custom content and other new opportunities which bring brands and creators closer together.
- Collaborate with the sales support teams (marketing, research, planning, ops) to provide best-in-class customer service in the onboarding, launch and overall campaign performance
- Act as a brand ambassador at key industry events, forge new relationships and communicate back to team members on strategic learnings and marketplace trends
Who You Are:
- 12+ years of experience in media/tech industry sales and 4+ years experience as a people leader
- Strong leadership experience in with high performing sales teams and a proven track record of delivering revenue results
- Experience in premium CTV, creator/influencer marketing with a deep understanding of new media technologies and the creator economy
- Knowledge of full-funnel marketing strategies and experience in digital and video advertising
- Experience introducing and successfully positioning new technologies, products, services and/or companies to a marketplace
- Excellent leadership, communication, presentation, negotiation and project management skills
- Established history of prospecting new clients, generating leads and closing deals.
- Ability to perform at a high level, even when faced with unexpected change. Excels at being a creative problem solver
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Naturally curious with a desire to bring fresh ideas
- Excels in a fast-paced, high-growth, rapidly changing startup culture, and wants to play a key role in selling new technologies that are disruptive to traditional industries
- Consultative, thoughtful and direct approach to breaking new business with a track record of performance over goal to prove it
- A team player who collaborates with others, is honest, accountable, and trustworthy
- Medical and vision insurance covered up to 100%
- Dental insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Stock options
- Autonomy and upward mobility
- Diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture, where your voice matters
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles that will be performed in New York. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. A reasonable estimate of the current pay range is: $200-$700K salary per year. The range listed is just one component of Spotter’s total compensation package for employees.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Spotter requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of commencing employment.
Spotter is an equal opportunity employer. Spotter does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics or information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, use of or request for family or medical leave, political affiliation, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodations as part of the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.