Senior AWS Cloud Engineer
Spotter, named one of TIME100's Most Influential Companies this year, empowers top YouTube creators to accelerate their business and unleash their full creative potential by giving them access to the capital, knowledge, and community they need to succeed at scale. As the top provider of creator-friendly growth capital, Spotter tailors our investments to meet the unique needs of each creator we partner with, giving them the freedom to create without compromise.
Creators are free to reinvest their funds however they choose, from hiring a team, to building their own production studios, and everything in between, all while maintaining total control over their catalogs, their channels, and their future earnings. In addition to funding, Spotter provides creators with in-depth data insights into the performance of their existing content, enabling them to leverage the full value of their library, as well as the value of future uploads and how they can improve performance in the future.
Featured in Forbes, Fast Company, Variety, Axios, and more, Spotter has already deployed over $850 million to YouTube creators to reinvest in themselves and accelerate their growth. Spotter has licensed content that consists of over 725,000 videos, which generate 88 billion monthly watch-time minutes. With our curated premium video catalog, we deliver a unique scaled media solution to Advertisers and Ad Agencies that is transparent, efficient, and 100% brand safe.
What You’ll Do:
We’re looking for a talented and intensely curious Senior AWS Cloud Engineer who is nimble and focused with a startup mentality. In this newly created role you will be the liaison between data engineers, data scientists and analytics engineers. You will work to create cutting-edge architecture that provides the increased performance, scalability and concurrency for Data Science and Analytics workflows.
- Provide AWS Infrastructure support and Systems Administration in support of new and existing products implemented thru: IAM, EC2, S3, AWS Networking (VPC, IGW, NGW, ALB, NLB, etc.), Terraform, Cloud Formation templates and Security: Security Groups, Guard Duty, Cloud Trail, Config and WAF.
- Monitor and maintain production, development, and QA cloud infrastructure resources for compliance with all Six Pillars of AWS Well-Architected Framework - including Security Pilar.
- Develop and maintain Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) pipelines needed to automate testing and deployment of all production software components as part of a fast-paced, agile Engineering team. Technologies required: ElastiCache, Bitbucket Pipelines, Github, Docker Compose, Kubernetes, Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS), Amazon Elastic Container Service (ECS) and Linux based server instances.
- Develop and maintain Infrastructure as Code (IaC) services for creation of ephemeral cloud-native infrastructure hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Google Cloud Platform (GCP). Technologies required: AWS AWS Cloud Formation, Google Cloud Deployment Manager, AWS SSM, YAML, JSON, Python.
- Manage, maintain, and monitor all cloud-based infrastructure hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS) needed to ensure 99.99% uptime. Technologies required: AWS IAM, AWS Cloud Watch, AWS Event Bridge, AWS SSM, AWS SQS, AWS SNS, AWS Lambda and Step Functions, Python, Java, RDS Postgres, RDS MySQL, AWS S3, Docker, AWS Elasticsearch, Kibana, AWS Amplify.
- Manage, maintain, and monitor all cloud-based infrastructure hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS) needed to ensure 100% cybersecurity compliance and surveillance. Technologies required: AWS SSM, YAML, JSON, Python, RDS Postgres, Tenable, CrowdStrike EPP, Sophos EPP, Wiz CSPM, Linux Bash scripts.
- Design and code technical solutions that improve the scalability, performance, and reliability of all Data Acquisition pipelines. Technologies required: Google ADs APIs, Youtube Data APIs, Python, Java, AWS Glue, AWS S3, AWS SNS, AWS SQS, AWS KMS, AWS RDS Postgres, AWS RDS MySQL, AWS Redshift.
- Monitor and remediate server and application security events as reported by CrowdStrike EPP, Tenable, WIZ CSPM, Invicti
Who you are:
- Minimum of 5 years of System Administration or Devops Engineering experience on AWS
- Track record of success in System Administration, including System Design, Configuration, Maintenance, and Upgrades
- Excels in architecting, designing, developing, and implementing cloud native AWS platforms and services.
- Knowledgeable in managing cloud infrastructure in a production environment to ensure high availability and reliability.
- Proficient in automating system deployment, operation, and maintenance using Infrastructure as Code - Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation, and other common DevOps tools and scripting.
- Experienced with Agile processes in a structured setting required; Scrum and/or Kanban.
- Security and compliance standards experience such as PCI and SOC as well as data privacy and protection standards, a big plus.
- Experienced in implementing Dashboards and data for decision-making related to team and system performance, rely heavily on telemetry and monitoring.
- Exceptional analytical capabilities.
- Strong communication skills and ability to effectively interact with Engineering and Business Stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in technology, engineering, or related field
- AWS Certifications – Solutions Architect, DevOps Engineer etc.
- Medical and vision insurance covered up to 100%
- Dental insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Stock options
- Complimentary gym access
- Autonomy and upward mobility
- Diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture, where your voice matters
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles that will be performed in Culver City. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. A reasonable estimate of the current pay range is: $100-$500K salary per year. The range listed is just one component of Spotter’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include an annual discretionary bonus and equity.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Spotter requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of commencing employment.
Spotter is an equal opportunity employer. Spotter does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics or information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, use of or request for family or medical leave, political affiliation, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodations as part of the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.