Director, GTM Strategy - Spotter Memberships
Spotter, named one of TIME100's Most Influential Companies this year, empowers top YouTube creators to accelerate their business and unleash their full creative potential by giving them access to the capital, knowledge, and community they need to succeed at scale. As the top provider of creator-friendly growth capital, Spotter tailors our investments to meet the unique needs of each creator we partner with, giving them the freedom to create without compromise.
Creators are free to reinvest their funds however they choose, from hiring a team, to building their own production studios, and everything in between, all while maintaining total control over their catalogs, their channels, and their future earnings. In addition to funding, Spotter provides creators with in-depth data insights into the performance of their existing content, enabling them to leverage the full value of their library, as well as the value of future uploads and how they can improve performance in the future.
Featured in Forbes, Fast Company, Variety, Axios, and more, Spotter has already deployed over $850 million to YouTube creators to reinvest in themselves and accelerate their growth. Spotter has licensed content that consists of over 725,000 videos, which generate 88 billion monthly watch-time minutes. With our curated premium video catalog, we deliver a unique scaled media solution to Advertisers and Ad Agencies that is transparent, efficient, and 100% brand safe.
What You’ll Do
In this newly created position, we are looking to identify a Director, GTM Strategy to develop Spotter Memberships. This individual will help us drive the Go-To-Market execution, strategic planning, business analysis, and growth across our portfolio of consumer/prosumer Creator Tools and scaled Community offerings. This person will be responsible for effective planning across the team, delivering a strong operational cadence to achieve our quarterly objectives, providing outstanding business insights and leading cross-functional transformational initiatives. The right candidate will be an experienced data-driven leader, able to build trusted relationships with senior executive stakeholders as well as growing and mentoring a high performing team.
This role is based in our Culver City HQ and reports into our Chief Strategy Officer. This is an individual contributor position.
- Lead bringing Spotter Memberships to market by developing and executing on an end-to-end launch plan including product packaging, pricing, positioning, marketing, demand generation, field enablement, pipeline generation and post-sale customer success including product implementation, usage, and adoption.
- Help recruit, inspire, lead, mentor and motivate the Spotter Memberships team to capitalize on the market opportunity for Spotter. Effectively partner and appropriately challenge leadership to effectively overachieve revenue targets and instill centralized processes.
- Own and drive the annual GTM planning cycle for Spotter Memberships, working across departments to set market sizing and segmentation, financial targets, organizational design, account coverage, quotas, and compensation plans.
- Oversee GTM productivity and track critical KPIs/SaaS-style metrics.
- Partner with Marketing to establish and operate campaign frameworks that deliver best in class customer acquisition and CAC, including eCommerce growth marketing.
- Work with sales team to improve performance by assigning sales goals, quotas and compensation plans and for the development of sales training and management programs.
- Obsess over all customer experience journeys, finding opportunities for improvement and drive multi-functional teams to deliver against long-term customer growth goals.
- Establish highly repeatable and scalable sales processes, automation and reporting methodology that can be implemented across regions and business units.
- Become the subject matter expert across the Spotter Memberships portfolio, performing thorough data analysis to support and progress key business decisions.
- Interact with various cross-functional groups at Spotter (e.g. Marketing, Finance, Community, and Partnerships, etc.) to bring business insights and drive execution.
Who You Are
- 8+ years work experience managing a best-in-class, complex GTM Strategy function at a top consumer/prosumer SaaS organization supporting aggressive revenue growth.
- You have a record of bringing to market, scaling and growing new, successful consumer/prosumer SaaS applications or consumer subscription businesses from a small to very large user base.
- Significant experience in a subscription revenue environment with a heavily results-oriented company and a strong history in meeting and exceeding revenue targets.
- Possess strong people leadership skills with a proven track record of building and scaling teams.
- Proven ability to develop tactical initiatives that improve sales productivity and performance. Background of introducing innovative performance metrics, improvement programs, and sales compensation enhancements.
- Ability to utilize combined industry benchmarking information with a strong analytical capability to identify market trends and test alternative approaches to strategy that yield superior performance.
- Strong C-Level executive presence and communication skills, with ability to engage and inspire senior executives including communicating your vision.
- You have strong analytical skill and thrive in chaotic, fast-paced environments where problems and desired customer outcomes are defined, but solutions are not.
- You have foundational knowledge of YouTube and/or the content creator industry and possess a passion for and prior experience working with creatives - writers, screenwriters, musicians, creators, etc.
- BS/BA required; MBA is preferred.
- Medical and vision insurance covered up to 100%
- Dental insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Stock options
- Autonomy and upward mobility
- Diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture, where your voice matters.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles that will be performed in Los Angeles. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. A reasonable estimate of the current pay range is: $100-$500K salary per year. The range listed is just one component of Spotter’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include an annual discretionary bonus and equity.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Spotter requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of commencing employment.
Spotter is an equal opportunity employer. Spotter does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics or information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, use of or request for family or medical leave, political affiliation, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodations as part of the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.