Manager, Analytics - Underwriting and Pricing
Spotter, named one of TIME100's Most Influential Companies this year, empowers top YouTube creators to accelerate their business and unleash their full creative potential by giving them access to the capital, knowledge, and community they need to succeed at scale. As the top provider of creator-friendly growth capital, Spotter tailors our investments to meet the unique needs of each creator we partner with, giving them the freedom to create without compromise.
Creators are free to reinvest their funds however they choose, from hiring a team, to building their own production studios, and everything in between, all while maintaining total control over their catalogs, their channels, and their future earnings. In addition to funding, Spotter provides creators with in-depth data insights into the performance of their existing content, enabling them to leverage the full value of their library, as well as the value of future uploads and how they can improve performance in the future.
Featured in Forbes, Fast Company, Variety, Axios, and more, Spotter has already deployed over $740 million to YouTube creators to reinvest in themselves and accelerate their growth. Spotter has licensed content that consists of over 600,000 videos, which generate 88 billion monthly watch-time minutes. With our curated premium video catalog, we deliver a unique scaled media solution to Advertisers and Ad Agencies that is transparent, efficient, and 100% brand safe.
What You’ll Do:
The Manager, Analytics - Underwriting plays an important role in daily operations and strategic decisioning at Spotter. The position will work with analytics leads and sales team members in catalog valuation, operational execution, and customer-facing discussions.
- Leverage models to predict future cash flows of unconventional assets and develop analytical methods to predict future cash flows for outlier channels where existing underwriting models cannot be applied
- Develop new customer-facing analyses to support sales processes
- Educate and empower sales staff with key insights driving deal value
- Incorporate platform level changes into valuation process
- Build partnerships across functions such as partnership (sales), content operations, and finance. Create and sustain a network of strong relationships
Who You Are:
- BS in a technical or math-oriented discipline
- 3 - 6 years of work experience in analytical/quantitative roles
- Strong proficiency in Excel, particularly pivot tables, power pivots, data models
- Strong proficiency using SQL and/or Python/R for ad-hoc analysis
- Ability to troubleshoot data-related issues
- Strong storytelling skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- Proficient in PowerPoint and / or Google Slides
Note: Due to the proliferation of similarly capable business products today, skills in equivalent products are acceptable
- Management Consulting/Investment Banking backgrounds.
- Previous valuation / underwriting experience
- Knowledge of the YouTube or Content Creator industry
- Experience with data visualization tools in any of the following:
- Power BI
- TIBCO Spotfire
- Ability to understand and analyze data and communicate findings to stakeholders.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to break down complex questions
- High level of comfort with quantitative concepts
- Strong attention to detail
- Best-in-class analytical/critical/creative thinking skills.
- Ability to thrive in entrepreneurial environments with multiple projects and evolving priorities.
- Work independently/remotely with little oversight.
- Medical and vision insurance covered up to 100%
- Dental insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Stock options
- Complimentary gym access
- Autonomy and upward mobility
- Diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture, where your voice matters
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles that will be performed in Culver City. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. A reasonable estimate of the current pay range is: $100-$500K salary per year. The range listed is just one component of Spotter’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include an annual discretionary bonus and equity.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Spotter requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of commencing employment.
Spotter is an equal opportunity employer. Spotter does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics or information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, use of or request for family or medical leave, political affiliation, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodations as part of the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.