Spotter empowers top YouTube creators to accelerate their business and unleash their full creative potential by giving them access to the capital, knowledge, and community they need to succeed at scale. As the top provider of creator-friendly growth capital, Spotter tailors our investments to meet the unique needs of each creator we partner with, giving them the freedom to create without compromise.
Creators are free to reinvest their funds however they choose, from hiring a team, to building their own production studios, and everything in between, all while maintaining total control over their catalogs, their channels, and their future earnings. In addition to funding, Spotter provides creators with in-depth data insights into the performance of their existing content, enabling them to leverage the full value of their library, as well as the value of future uploads and how they can improve performance in the future.
Featured in Forbes, Fast Company, Variety, Axios, and more, Spotter has already deployed over $740 million to YouTube creators to reinvest in themselves and accelerate their growth. Spotter has licensed content that consists of over 600,000 videos, which generate 88 billion monthly watch-time minutes. With our curated premium video catalog, we deliver a unique scaled media solution to Advertisers and Ad Agencies that is transparent, efficient, and 100% brand safe.
What You’ll Do/Responsibilities
We are looking for a Computational Linguist and Prompt Engineer to help us infuse AI into our next generation of creator tools and insights. This job will require creating, running and measuring prompt experiments on various third party and in-house multimodal LLMs to deliver magical experiences for our funded creators in our software products.
You will have a background in computational linguistics, a deep passion for Generative AI like GPT and Stable Diffusion, an intermediate level of programming experience, and a desire to become one of the best prompt engineers in the world.
You will work closely with Product Managers, UX Researchers, Engineers, and AI Researchers.
This position is based in our Los Angeles HQ and reports into our VP of Engineering for Products and works directly with our Creator Tools group.
- Design, implement, and analyze the effectiveness of various prompts for various AI models like GPT, Stable Diffusion, etc.
- Run rigorous prompt experiments to understand the strengths and weaknesses of different AI models and their potential applications
- Collaborate with our product and engineering teams to integrate AI capabilities into our software products
- Develop and maintain the company's language and AI model resources, including a library of high quality prompts
- Drive improvements in AI-powered features and the AI user experience
- Stay up to date on advancements in AI and LLM technology, applying relevant findings to your work
Who You Are/Required Qualifications
- Intensely curious about LLMs, using them every day for work and fun, staying up to date of advances and changes — and you love it!
- Have at least a high level of familiarity with the architecture and operation of generative AI models such as GPT, Claude, AssemblyAI, Stable Diffusion, etc.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Computational Linguistics, Computer Science, or a related field
- Have a creative hacker spirit and love solving puzzles
- Proven experience in creating and testing prompts for AI models.
- Intermediate to advanced programming skills in Python or a similar language.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You make ambiguous problems clear and identify core principles that can translate across scenarios
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Passion for and prior experience working with creatives - writers, screenwriters, musicians, creators, etc
- Experience working with multimodal LLMs
- Medical and vision insurance covered up to 100%
- Dental insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Stock options
- Complimentary gym access
- Autonomy and upward mobility
- Diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture, where your voice matters.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles that will be performed in Culver City. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. A reasonable estimate of the current pay range is: $100-$500K salary per year. The range listed is just one component of Spotter’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include an annual discretionary bonus and equity.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Spotter requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of commencing employment.
Spotter is an equal opportunity employer. Spotter does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics or information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, use of or request for family or medical leave, political affiliation, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodations as part of the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.