Vice President, Analytics - Underwriting and Portfolio Management
Spotter empowers top YouTube creators to accelerate their business and unleash their full creative potential by giving them access to the capital, knowledge, and community they need to succeed at scale. As the top provider of creator-friendly growth capital, Spotter tailors our investments to meet the unique needs of each creator we partner with, giving them the freedom to create without compromise.
Creators are free to reinvest their funds however they choose, from hiring a team, to building their own production studios, and everything in between, all while maintaining total control over their catalogs, their channels, and their future earnings. In addition to funding, Spotter provides creators with in-depth data insights into the performance of their existing content, enabling them to leverage the full value of their library, as well as the value of future uploads and how they can improve performance in the future.
Featured in Forbes, Fast Company, Variety, Axios, and more, Spotter has already deployed over $740 million to YouTube creators to reinvest in themselves and accelerate their growth. Spotter has licensed content that consists of over 600,000 videos, which generate 88 billion monthly watch-time minutes. With our curated premium video catalog, we deliver a unique scaled media solution to Advertisers and Ad Agencies that is transparent, efficient, and 100% brand safe.
What You’ll Do
The VP Analytics, Underwriting and Portfolio Management plays a critical role in both strategic and tactical operations. This role leads the manual and systematic underwriting team and portfolio management team. Underwriting and portfolio management plays a big role at Spotter for enabling growth. This role will be tightly integrated with the highest levels of the leadership team in daily operational execution and long-term strategic knowledge development.
● Lead the underwriting team (a Senior Director + 3 Managers) and the portfolio management team (a Senior Director, Director and two Senior Managers).
● Guide team in leveraging models to predict future cash flows of unconventional assets and develop analytic methods to predict future cash flow where models cannot be used to underwrite.
● Lead the team in continuously learning from manual underwriting process and implementing those learnings into automated pricing process.
● Lead underwriting team in the structuring of big deals to ensure that risk and reward are appropriately balanced while evaluating/developing price.
● Promote your team to use available tools and portfolio management techniques to effectively identify and assess trends and risks in the portfolio.
● Develop and monitor asset performance, risk tolerance metrics, and perform in-depth portfolio analysis of a $700MM+ portfolio of unconventional assets and present key findings and recommendations to management.
● Provide analytical assessment linking portfolio performance with Capital consumption.
● Lead the team to develop in-depth analysis and prepare reports including but not limited to portfolio concentrations, Asset pricing exceptions, stress testing, or high-risk exposures.
● Build partnerships across functions such as content operation, partnership (sales), marketing, ad sales and finance. Create and sustain a network of strong relationships.
Who You Are
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or other quantitative discipline is required, MBA or MS is preferred.
● Must have at least 2 years of experience as a leader of people-leaders.
● Must have superior risk assessment skills, including problem recognition, defining and structuring solutions to underwriting/valuation.
● Ability to balance risk and reward. Willingness to support business growth.
● Required strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
● Demonstrated integrity, independence, leadership, judgment and ability to balance risk and reward.
● Experienced in a wide range of products (including capital markets, derivatives, and leverage finance), industries and types of financing (acquisition, corporate) is a plus.
● Nice to have knowledge of YouTube or the content creator industry.
- Medical and vision insurance covered up to 100%
- Dental insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Stock options
- Complimentary gym access
- Autonomy and upward mobility
- Diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture, where your voice matters.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles that will be performed in Culver City. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The overall market range for roles in this area of Spotter are typically: $100-$500K salary per year. The range listed is just one component of Spotter’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual discretionary bonus and equity.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Spotter requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of commencing employment.
Spotter is an equal opportunity employer. Spotter does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics or information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, use of or request for family or medical leave, political affiliation, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodations as part of the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.