Spotter empowers top YouTube creators to accelerate their business and unleash their full creative potential by giving them access to the capital, knowledge, and community they need to succeed at scale. As the top provider of creator-friendly growth capital, Spotter tailors our investments to meet the unique needs of each creator we partner with, giving them the freedom to create without compromise.
Creators are free to reinvest their funds however they choose, from hiring a team, to building their own production studios, and everything in between, all while maintaining total control over their catalogs, their channels, and their future earnings. In addition to funding, Spotter provides creators with in-depth data insights into the performance of their existing content, enabling them to leverage the full value of their library, as well as the value of future uploads and how they can improve performance in the future.
Featured in Forbes, Fast Company, Variety, Axios, and more, Spotter has already deployed over $740 million to YouTube creators to reinvest in themselves and accelerate their growth. Spotter has licensed content that consists of over 600,000 videos, which generate 88 billion monthly watch-time minutes. With our curated premium video catalog, we deliver a unique scaled media solution to Advertisers and Ad Agencies that is transparent, efficient, and 100% brand safe.
What You’ll Do
The Staff Accountant will report directly to the Senior Accountant with direct exposure to the Sr. Director, Accounting. The right person for this role will be dedicated, proactive, and set a high bar for their work product. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter who continually seeks opportunities for efficiency, innovation, and process improvement. If you are the kind of person who obsesses over details, thrives in a collaborative environment, and jumps at the opportunity to seek new challenges, Spotter may be the place for you!
- Process accounts payable/receivable and respond to vendor/customer inquiries
- Prepare payment runs on a weekly basis to pay vendor bills
- Monitor and maintain customer accounts and document collection activities
- Reconcile bank accounts weekly
- Prepare journal entry support
- Assist with reconciliations of Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss accounts
- Prepare variance analyses on a monthly basis for management review
- Liaise with other departments to facilitate the accounts payable, account receivable, and month-end close processes
- Assist in the development and improvement of accounting processes
- Participate in ad hoc projects and analysis to support management when necessary
Who You Are
- 1+ years of accounting or business experience
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Fundamental and working knowledge of accounting concepts
- Organizational skills, attention to detail, and accuracy
- Self-starter with the ability to take initiative, ask questions, detect problems, and provide solutions
- Driven to go above and beyond to find ways to automate, streamline, and improve processes
- Competent with Microsoft Office suite including intermediate Excel skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effective both individually and as a team
- Experience with NetSuite ERP system
- Experience with the month-end close cycle
- Medical insurance covered up to 100%
- Dental & vision insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Stock options
- Autonomy and upward mobility
- Diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture, where your voice matters.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles that will be performed in Los Angeles. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. A reasonable estimate of the current pay range is: $50-$500K salary per year. The range listed is just one component of Spotter’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include an annual discretionary bonus and equity.
This position is non-exempt.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Spotter requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of commencing employment.
Spotter is an equal opportunity employer. Spotter does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics or information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, use of or request for family or medical leave, political affiliation, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodations as part of the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
Something looks off?