Senior Cloud Database Engineer (AWS Redshift)
Spotter empowers top YouTube creators to accelerate their business and unleash their full creative potential by giving them access to the capital, knowledge, and community they need to succeed at scale. As the top provider of creator-friendly growth capital, Spotter tailors our investments to meet the unique needs of each creator we partner with, giving them the freedom to create without compromise.
Creators are free to reinvest their funds however they choose, from hiring a team, to building their own production studios, and everything in between, all while maintaining total control over their catalogs, their channels, and their future earnings. In addition to funding, Spotter provides creators with in-depth data insights into the performance of their existing content, enabling them to leverage the full value of their library, as well as the value of future uploads and how they can improve performance in the future.
Featured in Forbes, Fast Company, Variety, Axios, and more, Spotter has already deployed over $740 million to YouTube creators to reinvest in themselves and accelerate their growth. Spotter has licensed content that consists of over 600,000 videos, which generate 88 billion monthly watch-time minutes. With our curated premium video catalog, we deliver a unique scaled media solution to Advertisers and Ad Agencies that is transparent, efficient, and 100% brand safe.
What You’ll Do/Responsibilities
- Design and implement multi-terabyte Data Warehouse and Data Lake infrastructure in support of large scale Data Analytics and Data Science applications
- Optimize and tune Redshift cluster and queries to support multiple Analytics and Visualization platforms
- Implement Redshift Workload Management (WML) to prioritize workloads and manage concurrency issues
- Establish controls needed to comply with company Cybersecurity and Data Loss Prevention policies, standards, and industry best practices
- Provide timely support in response to Performance issues
- Design and Implement Monitoring and Alerting system for AWS Redshift cluster performance and uptime
- Design and implement Redshift Disaster Recovery Plan
Who You Are/Required Qualifications
- Expert Database Administration skills using AWS Redshift including the following:
- SQL Performance tuning and optimization
- Concurrency scaling and monitoring
- Data distribution monitoring and optimization
- Stored Procedures, Materialized view, User Defined Functions - Optimization & Tuning
- Workload Manager, queue Management
- Disaster recovery design/implementation - snapshots & recovery points
- Large scale Data Warehouse & Data Lake workloads optimization based on Spark, Lambda Functions, S3, Glue
- Parameter Group management
- Data Governance & Security - Data Encryption, Redshift User Roles & Groups, Role Based Data Access Controls (row level data security), IAM integration, AWS Security Groups, AWS Cloud Watch event monitoring
- Expert DBA skills using RDBMS and/or NoSQL platforms such as:
- Postgres, AWS RDS, AWS Aurora, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, AWS DynamoDB, AWS Glue Metastor, MongoDB, Redis, AWS ElastiCache or AWS OpenSearch
- Working knowledge of DevOps best practices: Advanced knowledge and experience in the development of Linux Shell scripting in combination with AWS SAM / AWS-CLI,AWS CloudFormation and/or Terraform templates for Deployment automation
- Advanced knowledge and experience in the Design and implementation of Data Warehouse, Data Lake - with Data Mesh as a plus
- Advanced knowledge and experience in maintenance of Metadata repositories such as AWS Glue Catalog, Glue crawler for data stored in: S3, AWS Redshift, AWS RDS for access thru Redshift Spectrum
- Experienced in Metadata classification, lineage, and discovery based on AWS technologies or equivalent open source frameworks
- Experienced in use of AWS IAM, AWS Security Groups, AWS Web Application Firewall
- Bachelor's degree in technology, engineering, or related field
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong English communications skills – written and verbal
- Strong analytical and trouble-shooting skills
- Medical insurance covered up to 100%
- Dental & vision insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Stock options
- Autonomy and upward mobility
- Diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture, where your voice matters.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles that will be performed in Los Angeles. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The overall market range for roles in this area of Spotter are typically: $100-$500K salary per year. The range listed is just one component of Spotter’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual discretionary bonus and equity.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Spotter requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of commencing employment.
Spotter is an equal opportunity employer. Spotter does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics or information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, use of or request for family or medical leave, political affiliation, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodations as part of the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
Something looks off?