Research Software Engineer, AI
Spotter empowers top YouTube creators to accelerate their business and unleash their full creative potential by giving them access to the capital, knowledge, and community they need to succeed at scale. As the top provider of creator-friendly growth capital, Spotter tailors our investments to meet the unique needs of each creator we partner with, giving them the freedom to create without compromise.
Creators are free to reinvest their funds however they choose, from hiring a team, to building their own production studios, and everything in between, all while maintaining total control over their catalogs, their channels, and their future earnings. In addition to funding, Spotter provides creators with in-depth data insights into the performance of their existing content, enabling them to leverage the full value of their library, as well as the value of future uploads and how they can improve performance in the future.
Featured in Forbes, Fast Company, Variety, Axios, and more, Spotter has already deployed over $740 million to YouTube creators to reinvest in themselves and accelerate their growth. Spotter has licensed content that consists of over 600,000 videos, which generate 88 billion monthly watch-time minutes. With our curated premium video catalog, we deliver a unique scaled media solution to Advertisers and Ad Agencies that is transparent, efficient, and 100% brand safe.
*Position based in Los Angeles*
We are seeking a strong Python R&D Engineer to support research and product development in multiple areas, including computer vision, machine learning, deep learning. This role involves the implementation of state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms on CPUs, GPUs, and other platforms.
The candidate may be required to aid in research, analysis, and simulation studies, documentation, system integration, and testing.
What You’ll Do/Responsibilities
- This position will be a member of the AI team who works with UX designers, data scientists, system developers and product managers to investigate and prototype AI-driven solutions for customer problems
- Present complex information in an easily digestible format
- Support streamlined data interactions and exploration
- Work with the business stake holders to understand problems
- Propose and evaluate solutions
- Curate real world data for use in evaluation
- This role is responsible for assisting in the rapid prototyping and development of AI solutions and the evaluation of how well those solutions can be applied to a wide variety of real-world, industrial problems
- Activities include working with stakeholders to understand and refine requirements, get access to data, and provide feedback on prototype solutions
- Developers in this role will create rapid prototypes and demonstrations by stubbing or simulating supporting services as required
- Data visualization
- Automated testing and evaluation
Who You Are/Required Qualifications
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, ML
- Strong programming skills in Python
- Knowledge of computer vision, machine learning, deep learning/neural networks
- Proficient with Linux environments
- 3 years industry experience
- Familiar with AWS Cloud services
- Self-motivated individuals with a passion for creating software
- Statistics and / or linear algebra
- Machine learning concepts (training, cleaning, data bias, class imbalance, etc.)
- Medical insurance covered up to 100%
- Dental & vision insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Stock options
- Autonomy and upward mobility
- Diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture, where your voice matters.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles that will be performed in Los Angeles. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The overall market range for roles in this area of Spotter are typically: $100-$500K salary per year. The range listed is just one component of Spotter’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual discretionary bonus and equity.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Spotter requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of commencing employment.
Spotter is an equal opportunity employer. Spotter does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics or information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, use of or request for family or medical leave, political affiliation, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodations as part of the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
Something looks off?