Senior UX Engineer
Spotter empowers top YouTube creators to accelerate their business and unleash their full creative potential by giving them access to the capital, knowledge, and community they need to succeed at scale. As the top provider of creator-friendly growth capital, Spotter tailors our investments to meet the unique needs of each creator we partner with, giving them the freedom to create without compromise.
Creators are free to reinvest their funds however they choose, from hiring a team, to building their own production studios, and everything in between, all while maintaining total control over their catalogs, their channels, and their future earnings. In addition to funding, Spotter provides creators with in-depth data insights into the performance of their existing content, enabling them to leverage the full value of their library, as well as the value of future uploads and how they can improve performance in the future.
Featured in Forbes, Fast Company, Variety, Axios, and more, Spotter has already deployed over $740 million to YouTube creators to reinvest in themselves and accelerate their growth. Spotter has licensed content that consists of over 600,000 videos, which generate 88 billion monthly watch-time minutes. With our curated premium video catalog, we deliver a unique scaled media solution to Advertisers and Ad Agencies that is transparent, efficient, and 100% brand safe.
What You’ll Do:
As a Sr. UX Engineer at Spotter, you’ll play a critical role in designing and implementing the next generation of creator tools that will enable our creators to grow their businesses and connect with their audiences. You’ll work closely with our product and design teams to create compelling user experiences, and you’ll have the opportunity to impact and accelerate the workflows of some of the most successful creators in the world.
- Design, develop and maintain various creator tools rapidly and effectively using modern web technologies such as React, Redux, and TypeScript
- Collaborate closely with the product and design teams to ensure that the user experience of our tools is compelling, efficient, and consistent
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of our users and their needs, and use this knowledge to make informed decisions about how our creator tools are built, including their UX and design
- Conduct user research, usability testing, and other user-focused activities to ensure that our products meet the needs of our users
- Work closely with the engineering team to ensure that our products are scalable, performant, and maintainable
- Stay up-to-date with the latest UX and design trends, and apply them to our products when appropriate
- Navigate a fast-paced Agile environment requiring both self-direction and team collaboration.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of experience in web frontend and/or UX engineering, and a strong track record of building modern frontends rapidly and autonomously
- Deep understanding of user experience and design principles, and a strong sense of how to create compelling user experiences
- You don’t need a full spec to build something. Once given an outline of a feature, you’re able to make (smaller) UX and design decisions with confidence and without relying on a designer
- You’re extremely curious and always learning, deeply familiar with social media and the content platforms of the world, and want to always stay on top of the future of media, consumer tech and design.
- Experience with React, Redux, TypeScript, and other modern frontend technologies, but not afraid to build UI from scratch or learn a new stack
- Self-motivated, exceptionally detail-oriented, you work collaboratively, you have a "get it done" attitude and a background of delivering superb work again and again.
- You have excellent communication skills, and you enjoy working collaboratively with product managers, designers, and engineers
- Strong portfolio of work that demonstrates your ability to create beautiful, responsive, and intuitive user interfaces
- Medical and vision insurance covered up to 100%
- Dental insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Stock options
- Autonomy and upward mobility
- Diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture, where your voice matters.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles that will be performed in Los Angeles. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The overall market range for roles in this area of Spotter are typically: $100-$500K salary per year. The range listed is just one component of Spotter’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual discretionary bonus and equity.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Spotter requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of commencing employment.
Spotter is an equal opportunity employer. Spotter does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics or information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, use of or request for family or medical leave, political affiliation, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodations as part of the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
Something looks off?